findig lcn's

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk51

trying to program LTR system in Michigan, Tuscola County.

is there a place to find frequencies with LCN's

I found the wiki and it is very informative and i will use those methods, but i was just wondering if any of you fellas have already pioneered this system.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Thread Moved

Please post such regional questions in the appropriate regional forum. Do Not post scanner questions in the professional/commercial radio section of the forums.

diskmonger

Umm, Tuscola County is LTR Multinet. There is not a scanner on the market that can trunk track that type of system.

hawk51

Umm, Tuscola County is LTR Multinet. There is not a scanner on the market that can trunk track that type of system.

my 396t is scanning it as we speak.

I am not catching all of the conversation, but I am getting about 90% of it.

I am scanning it as a conventional system and it seems to be working.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Correct. You asked for LCNs, and that doesn't matter because you can't add the LCN's and cannot trunktrack this system.

hawk51

Correct. You asked for LCNs, and that doesn't matter because you can't add the LCN's and cannot trunktrack this system.

after i put in the frequencies, the scanner asked for the LCN. what i didn't know was the LCN didn't matter what it was. it just had to be 2 digits.

i thought the LCN had to match the frequency...im such a newb

a29zuk

The 396T LTR setup will only work on an LTR Standard System not on an LTR MultiNet System. That is why you need to scan it in a conventional mode. If you were to set up a LTR Standard System you would need to assign each frequency an LCN for the scanner to decode the system properly. I have never tried to listen to the Tuscola Co. system but from the explaination given in the database it looks like the control channel is used for both data and speech. Therefore, as in the explanation, you need two scanners to listen to all of the conversations.

Happy Monitoring,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.