Finding a DMR codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

W4ZMJ

I had one one time I had the hacked firmware that let you use what a lot of dmr has now the Promiscuous setting that let you see what talk group time slot and color code is on any dmr transmission its what they called experiment firmware what the hack is do a search for it been a long time sense I had a 380

Last edited:

NS9710

I’ve got the UV380 dual band. And I see stuff locally using DMR Moturbo 2 slot DMR TDMA, and I just need the CC, SL, TG as they’re not listed in the DB.

I had one one time I had the hacked firmware that let you use what a lot of dmr has now the Promiscuous setting that let you see what talk group time slot and color code is on any dmr transmission its what they called experiment firmware what the hack is do a search for it been a long time sense I had a 380

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
DSDPlus, Uniden programmed 1 freq. and Whistler as is will show that stuff. Many radios now have Promiscuous mode now as the above poster stated that allows you to park on a freq and it will tell you all that on the radio display.

w2xq

Mentor
The MD-UV380 doesn't have a Promiscuous mode, so far as I can tell, and there is no Tools package for the radio. Given that the MD-UV380 is no longer available--it disappeared from the TYT website around the end of 2018--I doubt anyone would bother developing a package. The MD-380 Tools cannot load into the MD-UV380.

I have never found a way to search for the information you seek using the radio. You'll have to research the information. One idea might be to make up similar channel sheets, adjusting the parameters, and see if one of them works.

W4UVV

I'm not sure how this applies in anyway to anyone anywhere but sometimes whenever I use DSD Plus it is in conjunction with my circa 2012 three home made DMR systems/monitors/Win OS computers, and three RF preamped signal inputs to three modified analog R7000s. I also use DMR Decode on each monitored DMR selected frequency maximum of three. The data outputs can be saved both csv and txt formated files for later review of TGs, UIDS, TS etc. using MS EXCEL. The data fields can be resorted if desired. It can get very noisy, and eye numbing watching/hearing three monitors and three audio systems. There are primitive, but they work for me. They beat using just DSD Plus' limited info just for one DMR frequency.

I suppose I could use my DMR modified 536 but considering all the @#$!@#^ frustrations I experienced in 2012 building my first DMR system, I still like to use them occasionally. Fortunately, I had help provided me on RR by two RR teckie types in England and a FCC frequency license coordinator near Chicago. He was the one who finally determined what I was doing wrong. My mistake was using the recommended a 10,000 ohm resistor for the audio circuit interface which although audible still was mostly garbage. My teckie helper near Chicago, told me to change it to 15,000 ohms. I did and immediately had clear excellent quality audio decode. I will be forever indebted to those three RR members who took some of their time to help me when they didn't have to help. I was a slow learner. Then I knew what to I had to do to configure another DMR decode system successfully. I configured two more DMR successful systems from excess components I had on hand. If I had more physical space I probably would have built two or three more DMR systems or more until ran out of configuration components.

John:)
W4UVV

Status
Not open for further replies.