finding control channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinellasfirefighter

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
it seems my control channels on my 396t and 996t arent working all of the sudden.. in the last 45 secs.. did the rebanding just happen here i wonder..

pinellasfirefighter

Banned
that was weird... they just change the control frq to 859.23750 from 857.2375.. whats the deal with that? first time in 5 yrs

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
The control channel changed. So what? You DID program in all of them, didn't you? This is why (on a Motorola system) you must program in all possible control channels, so if and when it changes, it won't matter.

pinellasfirefighter

Banned
yeah i have them all programmed in.. the whole system went down when it changed over there was no control period for about 5mins.. thats why i thought maybe the rebanding took place.. the control hasnt changed in over 5 yrs or more..

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
pinellasfirefighter said:
yeah i have them all programmed in.. the whole system went down when it changed over there was no control period for about 5mins.. thats why i thought maybe the rebanding took place.. the control hasnt changed in over 5 yrs or more..

No, it isn't rebanding. Control channels changing depends on the system. On the Broward County system, it used to rotate every day. Then it stayed on one frequency for many months. Then it changed to a different frequency, and it's been there ever since. I have witnessed on rare occasions it changing several times in a period of a few minutes. If you program them all, this won't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.