Status
Not open for further replies.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
ok i only see one sheet in the new zip
keeps wanting me to update links on startup can i just ignore that

Jake68111

Dave,

Your steps helped flawlessly. No issues and I have quite a list of freqs to pay attention to however, I have yet, another question.

So I selected the first option (I believe it was the light red with red text) to show the duplicates. So do I just pay attention to those freqs that AREN'T red? I know that those are duplicates but will at least one of the duplicates show as not a duplicate?

SteveEJ

Premium Subscriber
Paul,

Thanks for the sheet and hard work! I look forward to programming my 436 !

Dave,

On your procedures, my result was 12. I am using MacOS with Office for Mac. Not sure what the difference is. Could be rounding I suspect. Thanks for the procedures. BTW: Anyone entering a negative number for the Longitude will have problems I think. I did.. LOL

Thanks again!

Steve

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
I think you just earned your $50 upgrade fee. Thanks for the database.

5Rya

Hello, I am very new to scanning so this could be something very simple but could someone explain why some licences have DMR listed under their emission designators but then operate on FMN.

For example I used the excel file and it said that this license "WPRL517" by Southwest was using DMR, upon looking it up on the FCC's website it does say in the authorization PDF under emission designators "7K60FXD" and "7K60FXE". From what I gathered these are DMR but I am able to hear the frequencies just fine on my non-dmr scanner and under RadioReference it is listed as FMN. I also found this to be the case with some other licenses too. Could it be that they have DMR listed so that they can switch over in the future without applying again or is there another reason?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
That licensee also has 11K2F3E as an emission designator on the same frequencies. Likely as you say they have some plans to go to DMR at some point.

5Rya

For future reference what is the quickest way to find what emission designators are being used. Would it be looking at the authorization PDF or is there a quicker way?

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Most of my local channels have licenses for both as well. Flexibility.

If you lookup the license on the FCC database, go to locations, click a location, then it should list some frequencies. Click the various frequencies to see the emissions designations.

Status
Not open for further replies.