Finding DMR Frequencies in Your Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Cleveland county in NC

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would start with the frequencies in the text file I attached. You can copy and paste into sentinel as a conventional system. Being a Public Safety system you should find a control channel quickly. You could also try just replacing the 5 frequencies in the text file as your trunked system frequencies. I would go conventional first.

Attachments

• Kings Mountain.txt
    865 bytes · Views: 110

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I'm not home at my scanner at the moment and won't be until around 4:30 est, I will try this when I get home.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tryton

Can anyone with more knowledge help a DMR newbie program his 536HP for this system. I have tried entering it in conventional mode with no luck, I have tried it in dmr one trunk with no luck.. What am I doing wrong. I have asked in the Florida forum, with no results so far.

AnikF1R

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone with more knowledge help a DMR newbie program his 536HP for this system. I have tried entering it in conventional mode with no luck, I have tried it in dmr one trunk with no luck.. What am I doing wrong. I have asked in the Florida forum, with no results so far.

I'll be interested to see how this goes. I haven't been able to program a MotoTRBO system into my 436. Conventional works, though.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Can you upload or email your current list? Do you have ID search on? Try putting the digital threshold to manual and the level to 5. If conventional, set modulation to FM. I would be surprised if you can't get it as conventional, assuming someone is talking.

Have you received any DMR at all with your scanner?

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I didn't really see much DMR in my area, not worth it at this time I guess

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Where are you? I drove 4 hours across south Texas and the only DMR I found was one utility company trunked system. If you're in rural areas, you might not hear much.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Where are you? I drove 4 hours across south Texas and the only DMR I found was one utility company trunked system. If you're in rural areas, you might not hear much.

I am in a rural area, I am located in about 25 miles north of Beaumont, ZIP Code 77625

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
You might have luck with the pipeline companies and the electric utility. I am pretty sure Sam Houston Electric Coop uses DMR. My scanner has halted on it a few times, but I'm not close enough to confirm for sure. It'll be largely hit or miss. These aren't like police dispatch channels with 20 calls a minute.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, SHECO is our power company, but it's not worth the money to listen them every once in a while, thanks for the information much Appreciated

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
Yea... But the upgrade is about to go up in price. I agree, kinda hard to justify. On the other hand, being able to listen to Entergy this year was a lifesaver with all of the crazy weather we've had this year. In fact, just knowing they were working on restoring our feeder line one evening saved us quite a bit of money from having to move food, get a hotel, etc. (they are P25). I'd put utility companies up there with the level of police and fire as far as quality of information for decision making. Linesmen are generally pretty competent individuals.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.