• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Finding last site radio affiliated to

Status
Not open for further replies.

k7bpg

Good Morning,

Is there a way to see where/when a radio last affiliated/de-affiliated. I can use the affiliation display to see a date, but not the site it was last off of. Is there a way to look at the logs on zone watch, if so where are those stored on the core?

7.11 Moto M-Core system.

Thanks for any help.

k7bpg

Does it do historical data though? The radio has been gone for a while. Helping out another system admin with finding this on there system.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
It looks at the ATIA data, so unless your ATIA data gets purged (my system went live at 7.14, currently at 7.16, and next month we're migrating to 20.19.2), it should be. I've gotten returns on radios not seen on the system since 2016, which is just after we went live (Go live was 12/28-12/30/15).

GenWatch also pulls from the same ATIA data via the ATIA reader. If you have GW on your system, it will generate a nice detailed report on subscriber affiliation history.

k7bpg

Cool, will see if they have genwatch or if they can pull that data another way. Thank you.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Cool, will see if they have genwatch or if they can pull that data another way. Thank you.

Genwatch normally gets data from the control channel; it will only pull ATIA data if the Genwatch terminal actually has a connection to the ATIA bus, which isn't cheap (wish I had it as Genwatch does some very interesting things). Your Motorola PRNM (system admin) suite should have Zone Historical Reports; just bring that up and do a User at Zone search for the desired date range. If the radio popped up anywhere in the Zone during that date range it will show up.

k7bpg

Thank you very much, will talk this over with the other sys admin and see if he can run this. I am getting genwatch on my system soon. Your right, seems like it will do some cool stuff.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Thank you very much, will talk this over with the other sys admin and see if he can run this. I am getting genwatch on my system soon. Your right, seems like it will do some cool stuff.

I have been a GenWatch user since 2002 and it's a superb product. I have always pulled the data from the ATIA data stream and have gone through 2 servers since inception and now moving to a virtual server environment in the next few months.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
You are very lucky to have Genwatch. We have to do some creative searching to get data on the last affiliation of a radio on our Harris system. They do not make it easy.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
You are very lucky to have Genwatch. We have to do some creative searching to get data on the last affiliation of a radio on our Harris system. They do not make it easy.

Genwatch should work on the Harris system; it just monitors the P25 control channel and gets all the necessary data that way. It requires a Motorola radio as the RF Modem, but apart from that should work just fine.

Edit: Unless it's an EDACS system in which case I feel your pain; the old VAX terminal was a colossal PITA. We went from EDACS to (Moto) P25.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
GenWatch is a tremendous asset. While ZW historical reports are useful, the scope of what GW's report module can provide are far more flexible. And being able to set SNMP traps to alert us are invaluable. The support from them is also top notch. It's not a cheap suite but then nothing that is good and useful usually is cheap. We bought it with our Astro 25 system, but had it on our prior Smartnet system since 2013. The prior GW allowed us to make changes to the SAC records via an interface. We have a similar interface on our current GW that works with MCM to be able to activate/provision radios, add/delete RID, etc- it all uses GW as a gateway to interface with Provisioning Manager.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
GenWatch is a tremendous asset. While ZW historical reports are useful, the scope of what GW's report module can provide are far more flexible. And being able to set SNMP traps to alert us are invaluable. The support from them is also top notch. It's not a cheap suite but then nothing that is good and useful usually is cheap. We bought it with our Astro 25 system, but had it on our prior Smartnet system since 2013. The prior GW allowed us to make changes to the SAC records via an interface. We have a similar interface on our current GW that works with MCM to be able to activate/provision radios, add/delete RID, etc- it all uses GW as a gateway to interface with Provisioning Manager.

is your Genwatch directly connected to the system? At my previous job we had Genwatch on our Smartnet system; it allowed us to provision radios and do many of the RCM tricks directly from GW, which was fantastic. When we upgraded to P25 we also upgraded our GW terminals, and it was then I found out that you cannot perform admin functions through an RF modem the way we could on Smartnet. Rumor has it that Motorola is working on a way to enable that capability again, but I'm not holding my breath.

At the current job the Genwatch terminal is a great way to generate useful reports, but I also have Provisioning Manager and the PRNM Suite on the computer right next to it.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
The Smartnet version of GW3 connected directly through a server to the controller and could push changes to SAC records. Our new GenWatch uses an interface via an ATIA reader to get the data (GenGet) and uses another server to input provisioning changes into the NM client/PM, but we still have to manually push the jobs that appear in Provisioning Manager created by GW for them to take. The old system, the SAC records automatically changed at midnight each night when the controllers rolled.

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø
Genwatch should work on the Harris system; it just monitors the P25 control channel and gets all the necessary data that way. It requires a Motorola radio as the RF Modem, but apart from that should work just fine.

Edit: Unless it's an EDACS system in which case I feel your pain; the old VAX terminal was a colossal PITA. We went from EDACS to (Moto) P25.

I agree. GenWatch comes in two flavors, one that connects directly to the ATIA and the other is over the air (OTA). The OTA flavor was popular back in the rebanding days and used a similar configuration to the MCC5500 console watching the control channel.

If the OP makes the jump I highly recommend paying for their annual maintenance. They have created custom reports for me and don't charge me a dime extra when I have relocated the database and GenWatch server from one box to the other. My last move to a virtual setting was accomplished totally behind the scenes and the only data I lost was the time it took to repoint to the new IP in the virtual server. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.