BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Finding unknown frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coreymillia

In the middle of November, the sheriffs departments analog transmissions went silent on my BC850A, came back for a couple weeks and then went off 3 weeks ago. Picked up a BCD996P2 last week, got it programed with no problem with the database from RadioReference. However, still no sheriffs. So, I upgraded to pick up DMR and the close call picked them up on 802-807 Mhz. Very clear digital signal. Can not tell if it is DMR or P25, or something else. I could only hear outgoing transmissions while they were in city limits, no incoming dispatch. I am having trouble figuring out how to do control scanning only. Or if that is what needs to be done, to pick up the tower. In Teller county CO trying to hear the Sheriff, everything else is coming in loud and clear. 155.9100, 155.5800, and 155.6400 are not transmitting even though I know it says the license is valid. Thank you, anyone who can help.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
They may have moved to the Colorado Statewide System. You could load the sites nearest to you, lock out known talkgroups, and do id search to locate new talkgroups that have not been submitted. I did see where Teller County Fire Department uses the system.

N8IAA

In the middle of November, the sheriffs departments analog transmissions went silent on my BC850A, came back for a couple weeks and then went off 3 weeks ago. Picked up a BCD996P2 last week, got it programed with no problem with the database from RadioReference. However, still no sheriffs. So, I upgraded to pick up DMR and the close call picked them up on 802-807 Mhz. Very clear digital signal. Can not tell if it is DMR or P25, or something else. I could only hear outgoing transmissions while they were in city limits, no incoming dispatch. I am having trouble figuring out how to do control scanning only. Or if that is what needs to be done, to pick up the tower. In Teller county CO trying to hear the Sheriff, everything else is coming in loud and clear. 155.9100, 155.5800, and 155.6400 are not transmitting even though I know it says the license is valid. Thank you, anyone who can help.

Switch all of the analog frequencies to DMR. Don't know how to program a 996P2. But, you'll want to make sure you program each frequency with Slot 1 and Slot 2. You'll get the Color Codes (CC) when scanning.

That's all I know.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
On a 996P2 with DMR you can just enter the freqy, then in the menu use "Digital Only", hold on it and Mode1 tells DMR, Mode 2 tells CCode, Mode 3 tells Slot.....You change modes by pressing F+6.....

Status
Not open for further replies.