Findlay Police

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Triangle Ohio... otherweise known as Fostoria
They are yet again having issues with their T-1 line and the encryption in their CAD unit. Not sure how long they are going to be in the clear again this time, But lets hope for the sake of people listening in that it takes a very very very long time!!! I still think that encrypting general dispatch for the city of Findlay PD is pointless. Columbus and Toledo both have far higher crime rates then Findlay does, and they are open and in the clear. Like I have said before, Encrypting tac, vice&narcotis or any channel where sensitive communications is needed that could/would otherwise jeopardize an officers safety/life is fine, and should be done. But general day to day dispatches.... POINTLESS. I spent many upon many years listening to Findlay PD when they were still using the Motorola analog type 2 smartnet system... And actually called in a few times to assist them. But for the most part it was always the same calls, Nothing too critical. Not to mention I have read in the papers about how they want the community to be involved in block watch, Sure that's a swell idea, But for those whom are on block watch that used to be able to listen to the PD, they could hear a call on the scanner of something going on in their neighborhood and have the information at hand to call into the PD anything that they see, for example if someone was breaking into a car down the street, if someone with a scanner heard this, they could give the suspects description to the PD and the direction of travel... But not anymore, so what's the point of being on block watch? are these people supposed to sit on their porches all day/night watching everything that happens in their neighborhoods? Long story short.... There is no reason to encrypt general dispatch calls, They had the ability to encrypt dispatch on their old system and they never did, So why do it now??

Status
Not open for further replies.