Finished the NOPD encryption process

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
EMS is already encrypted, except for dispatch which is "partially" encrypted with some mobiles using it, and others not. No hard date on when NOEMS will lock it all down full time. NOFD is adding another secure tg or two, but not going all out. OHSEP I am not sure if they are going to lock down or not. As far as I know, pretty much all of Orleans Parish Public Safety is gone already.

riccom

Premium Subscriber
-.- .- -. ... .- ... / -.-. .. - -.-- / -- ---
noems wont duse to acadian not being locked down, and amed also, and since that dispatch will be open, NOFD is open wide , and some of the opso has some clear channels, but only for court admins but nothing it get excited about, i did reach out to opcc, and its in stone, but he said i can get recordings and transcripts, but the wait on that is MONTHS,
well at least i will have the f.d. and thats more fun then the pd alot of times.
so how will this work for lsp and interop on fat tuseday?

N508SP1

Feed Provider
LSP, JPSO, all have the encryption just need to do a OTAP to strap them, they use Orleans Interop for multi agency events. I was given the all clear to encrypt ours for FD next to New Orleans Parish. Unfortunately it will take a while to strap certain ones. Since we do not have OTAP at the moment.

N508SP1

Feed Provider
NOPD DISP 1-8 are strapped to secure DISP 9 and 10 are still open also talk channels are still select and open.

bdp278

Feed Provider
The New Orleans (Louisiana) Police went full encryption as of 07:00 this date 12-01-19. New Orleans EMS also encrypted except for dispatch, which is sporadic availability at times. It appears from scanner monitoring that Louisiana State Poice, at least in this area, has also gone encryption. Only New Orleans Fire, and surrounding parishes Fire Depts, remain open. Most of the metro PD outside New Orleans have been encrypted previously.

N508SP1

Feed Provider
State is only encrypted when they use DISP 1 and 8 or any other dispatch 1-8.
troop N task force uses B DISP 2. JPSO is strapped for all there TG’s. Slowly working on EMS from what I have been told. Here in the surrounding area we are slowly securing certain TG’s for patching and Marie Gras.

N508SP1

Feed Provider
all secure on this end

Attachments

• IMG_2622.jpeg_compressed.pdf
    103.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2625.jpeg_compressed.pdf
    102.3 KB · Views: 75

medic9351301

Banned
guys:
i feel your pain birmingham pd in alabama is encrypted expect for there wrecker channel .
here is the kick in the head the city buses are encrypted also

andyadler

Premium Subscriber
Well, after a few weeks of not using my 436HP, I powered up a few minutes ago to discover (as others have already) the sad news about NOPD finally implementing encryption. Since that accounted for at least 75% of my scanner monitoring, I'm pretty bummed. No way I'll ever upgrade now that my principal agency can't be monitored.

shajoe44

I will be coming down for the College Football Championship later this week. Will be staying at Pontchartrain Landing RV. I see where most law and fire services are now encrypted. Was just curious as to what else might be interesting to listen to while I am down there for several days? I am able to receive DMR and NXDN with my scanner as well as phase II. Thanks for you help

Status
Not open for further replies.