• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

fire at Centennial

Status
Not open for further replies.

adkad

Member
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
103
HI All: I heard a report of a plane on the ground on fire this afternoon on the main runway at Centennial. Neither ground nor tower spoke of the incident which I heard mentioned by a helicopter flying over Centennial, and I could not get any confirmation or other info. Does anyone know the frequencies of emergency equipment to Centennial that I might have use tuned in to hear more of this event? Incidentally no news report of the fire on tv or radio as yet. Thanks, Adkad
 

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Moderator
Joined
Dec 8, 2002
Messages
2,620
Location
AOA
Units were Dispatched on Metcom 1 and DG fire dispatch. They went en route on Metcom 3 and switched to Ops 11. They sure didn't talk much and Red 1 released all units once he arrived at the plane. You are right when the tower didn't speak of the event... They were still clearing jets to land:confused:
 

captaincraig44

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 19, 2003
Messages
794
Location
Arvada
Typically, units will switch to Centennial Ops channel (TG 3064). Not sure off the top of my head if this correlates to Ops 11 or not. That is a good TG to monitor when there is something going on at APA as the tower and airport ops personel will be talking about it on there as well.
 

Toneslider12

Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
582
Location
A suburban location near a metropolitan area
TG 3064 is Centennial Airport Operations and doesn't correlate to Ops 11. You may hear SMFR say they're going to "A13" which is the airport channel. Usually Red 1 or Engine 35 will make contact with Centennial "OPS 5" (the airport operations boss) while enroute for further info. They will only use Ops 11 for incident traffic if something like an alert 3 actually happens.
 

luke-1

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 10, 2003
Messages
611
Location
Parker, CO
Toneslider12 said:
TG 3064 is Centennial Airport Operations and doesn't correlate to Ops 11. You may hear SMFR say they're going to "A13" which is the airport channel. Usually Red 1 or Engine 35 will make contact with Centennial "OPS 5" (the airport operations boss) while enroute for further info. They will only use Ops 11 for incident traffic if something like an alert 3 actually happens.
They use OPS-11 a lot at the airport and for other calls involving DC Fire and Metcom/South Metro because it is one of the only OPS/FG channels they both have in their radios
 

Toneslider12

Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
582
Location
A suburban location near a metropolitan area
OPS11 with FG12 and OPS13 with FG14 are the only two common tactical channel pairs between the DC agencies and SMFR. Parker will be dispatched by MetCom somewhere between mid Dec & Jan 08' anyway, so M/A ops channel usage at the airport will be almost non-existant. MetCom has also turned on their OPS9 for Parker moving over. It's been used almost just for training, I'll try to find the TG#.
 

luke-1

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 10, 2003
Messages
611
Location
Parker, CO
Toneslider12 said:
OPS11 with FG12 and OPS13 with FG14 are the only two common tactical channel pairs between the DC agencies and SMFR. Parker will be dispatched by MetCom somewhere between mid Dec & Jan 08' anyway, so M/A ops channel usage at the airport will be almost non-existant. MetCom has also turned on their OPS9 for Parker moving over. It's been used almost just for training, I'll try to find the TG#.
TG-1790

I have been hearing it for 2 or 3 days now
 

jfab

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
1,461
Location
Broomfield/Aurora, CO
I thought Parker FD was already dispatched by MetCom and has been for a while?? Aren't they Fire Unit 6X?
 

Toneslider12

Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
582
Location
A suburban location near a metropolitan area
Parker has been dispatched by Douglas County since they left Littleton in 99. MetCom currenlty dispatches for only South Metro Fire but does monitor the in or out of service status on Parker Stations 72, 74 & 75. The 6X series is Cunningham who is also dispatched by Douglas.
 

luke-1

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 10, 2003
Messages
611
Location
Parker, CO
Toneslider12 said:
Parker has been dispatched by Douglas County since they left Littleton in 99. MetCom currenlty dispatches for only South Metro Fire but does monitor the in or out of service status on Parker Stations 72, 74 & 75. The 6X series is Cunningham who is also dispatched by Douglas.
I sure wish Cunningham would jump on board with Metcom, Then I could pretty much lock-out DC Fire :)
 

Davemnn

Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
52
Location
Denver Metro
I think they are 70 units. Also while I the topic I do not typical listen So. FD really would appericate unit ID # I know that 3 is So. Metro 6 is Cunningham but I am missing some. Also who is dispatching these units ?? Thx's Guys
 

jimmnn

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 11, 2002
Messages
14,327
Location
Colorado
Littleton 1x (Littleton)
Castle Rock 15x (Douglas County)
Jackson 105 (Douglas County)
West Douglas 14x (Douglas County)
Larkspur 16x (Douglas County)
Franktown 18X (Douglas County)
Englewood 2x (Englewood)
South Metro 3X and 4X (Metcom)
Sheridan 5x (Sheridan)
Cunningham 6x (Douglas County)
Parker 7x (Douglas County currently / Metcom after Jan 1st)
Skyline 8x (Littleton)

There are some more but it's Sunday and I'm zoning

Jim<
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top