Fire Department Broadcasting

Status
Not open for further replies.

stiebs81

Which fire departments or public safety agencies do not broadcast the nature and location of a run over the fire channel? I know the Grosse Pointe's are one. Eastpointe, Fraser?

RadioRon

Not sure what your listening to. The Grosse Pointes and HArper Woods do broadcast nature and location on all fire and EMS activity. Maybe your just missing it since it is so rare.

stiebs81

The only runs I ever hear dispatched on the fire channel are medical runs in Grosse Pointe Farms, since they use Med Star as their ambulance. Other than that it's just communications such as responding and on the scene. I always have to monitor the police channel in order to pick up fire/ems runs, since they have to call police to assist the appartaus. BTW I listen to Macomb County and NE Wayne county.

Last edited:

RadioRon

Gotta remember, the Grosse Pointes are Public Safety, police dispatch is the primary channel for all activity.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
Fire Dept Broadcasting

You have to be listening to TG 16 or the Lein channels to pick up locations as most of that information is broadcast on those TG's in the Pointes & Harper Woods. For fire runs the dispatcher will also broadcast the fire run card for the other cities to pull in case an extra alarm or mutual aid is required for fires.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.