Fire Departments in Orange Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyrtog

Hello:

After looking at the CCCS page for Orange Co. here (https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=201) ,
I was wondering which Cell Sites would I need to enter in my scanner to pick up:

Central Net Fire Disp.
Costa Mesa F.D.
North Net Fire Disp.
Orange Co. Fire Authority

I assume that I would enter the frequencies for Cell 7 to pick up Laguna Beach Fire? In addition, I did notice in the Wiki section that certain cities have their own cell sites so I wasn’t sure if I needed to only enter say South Cell (No. 2) to pick up Costa Mesa Fire?

I just got back into the hobby again and currently, I am still using my tried and true Pro-2006 (yes, I know the limitations as to what systems I can pick up with it) as I do have a Pro-652 but I have been having some programing issues with it.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Michael

XLC_Comm442

It depends on how the system is configured to carry traffic across all or some sites. From my experience, the countywide cell will function for your needs.

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
For Operations:
All OCFA groups, NorthNet and CentralNet are on the Countywide cell for the most part. Laguna Beach is on the Laguna Cell (multicast on the South Cell for their dispatch and primary tac channels) and Mesa is on the South Cell. NorthNet working incidents (fires, rescues etc.) are on 2-N, on the North Cell, so if you want to listen to Anaheim for example, you'd need 2-E (Dispatch/Countywide) 2-F (Anaheim Tac/Countywide) and 2-N (MetroNet Tac/North Cell)

Each actual FD has a set of administrative talkgroups as well. The OCFA is on the Countywide cell, and cities are on the cells that don't have such a wide footprint.

Last edited:

Fyrtog

Mikek:

Thank you for the information, I am looking forward to reprograming my scanner with it. Also, thank you to you, 35-K9-1 for your input as well.

Michael

PaulNDaOC

One of the Laguna talkgroups are also on the South cell. OCFA- Santa Ana tacs are on South group not the CountyWide simulcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.