Fire Dept streaming on Zello??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOCCERCOACH

Premium Subscriber
Hello All

Would anyone know if any fire depts in Florida are streaming comms over any Zello channels???? Especially FD's on East Coast side, Boynton Beach area.

Or any area of Florida. Thank you in advance

Soccercoach

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Hello All

Would anyone know if any fire depts in Florida are streaming comms over any Zello channels???? Especially FD's on East Coast side, Boynton Beach area.

Or any area of Florida. Thank you in advance

Soccercoach

Not likely to find a FD that is doing that, themselves. Someone might be streaming their scanner on Zello, mostly for their own benefit.

ecps92

How would you even stream on ZELLO?

w2xq

Mentor
Have you looked at the 'Scanner Radio' app? Android -- Scanner Radio - Fire and Police Scanner - Apps on Google Play -- and I believe iOS as well. Multiple ways to search for thousands of feeds, including nearby, by state and county. Works like a champ. There is a free version, but I've been using the 'pro' version -- a mere pittance -- since retiring my Blackberry phone a few centuries ago. Beats Zello hands down. HTH.

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
Have you looked at the 'Scanner Radio' app? Android -- Scanner Radio - Fire and Police Scanner - Apps on Google Play -- and I believe iOS as well. Multiple ways to search for thousands of feeds, including nearby, by state and county. Works like a champ. There is a free version, but I've been using the 'pro' version -- a mere pittance -- since retiring my Blackberry phone a few centuries ago. Beats Zello hands down. HTH.
This is literally all the Broadcastify traffic. Its just not Broadcastifys app (actually its older, and directly competes with Broadcastify's app for the same traffic)

w2xq

Mentor
This is literally all the Broadcastify traffic. Its just not Broadcastifys app (actually its older, and directly competes with Broadcastify's app for the same traffic)
I don't get your point. Software choices are in the eye of the beholder.

I've been using the Scanner Radio Pro (pro = no ads) app since its release how many, many years ago. And the app is regularly and often updated. And the author has it still running on Android 4.x for those with older tablets and phones. I don't know about iOS, but I would expect the same support for at least some older versions. It has always worked well for me; I don't believe in fixing something that works. But that's me. :)

And that's why I recommended looking at it. (Honestly, I was completely unaware of a Broadcastify tablet/phone app.)

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Technically, they are both Broadcastify's. The person in charge of Broadcastify developed (and has updated) Scanner Radio years before the Broadcastify app was developed. I'm sure he had some, if not most of, the input on the Broadcastify app as well.

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
I don't get your point. Software choices are in the eye of the beholder.

I've been using the Scanner Radio Pro (pro = no ads) app since its release how many, many years ago. And the app is regularly and often updated. And the author has it still running on Android 4.x for those with older tablets and phones. I don't know about iOS, but I would expect the same support for at least some older versions. It has always worked well for me; I don't believe in fixing something that works. But that's me. :)

And that's why I recommended looking at it. (Honestly, I was completely unaware of a Broadcastify tablet/phone app.)

I was counterpointing that its not Zello traffic. Its Broadcastify traffic. Nothing against software choices, just a data/traffic choice.

Personally I totally agree, its a far better app than what Broadcastify has out, and I use it too.

w2xq

Mentor
I was counterpointing that its not Zello traffic. Its Broadcastify traffic. Nothing against software choices, just a data/traffic choice.

Personally I totally agree, its a far better app than what Broadcastify has out, and I use it too.
OK, misunderstood. Perhaps I wasn't clear. I thought I suggested looking for FDs on the Scanner Radio (or Broadcastify) app rather than fuss with Zello. Carry on... :)

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
Essentially every scanner app out there is running Broadcastify's feeds. My feed in NH is on all of them and I only feed into Broadcastify.

I did have my feed tied directly into Zello a few years ago and the biggest difference was lag time. B'castify is delayd 30 seconds to a minute or so depending on various things as well as on purpose. Zello was instant or maybe a second or so behind. Only reason I don't feed Zello anymore is my feed computer is ancient and I wanted to cut down on processes running.

If you look up in Zello some keywords for the areas your looking for they might be there. Probably not nearly the number as a scanner app. But ya never know.

John Marcel,
Penacook, NH

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
Another big difference on Zello vs broadcastify is data usage. Zello can be confirmed to use VOX, so it's only using data when there are transmissions occuring where as broadcastify is a constant stream of data.

Status
Not open for further replies.