Fire Dept TAC frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

w7cma

I am confused as to weather fire department TAC channels can be broad casted. Our local county fire will dispatch the move the incident to one of the TAC channels. I don't want to violate any rules so I am asking.

Thanks for your time.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Feed Provider Terms of Service
Feed Provider Terms of Service said:
Fire / EMS / Rescue Feeds
  • Feed providers agree to ONLY broadcast routine dispatch operations and fireground / on scene operations for fire, EMS, and rescue agencies.
  • Feed providers agree to not broadcast dedicated channels or talkgroups for Ambulance to Hospital Communications.
  • Feed providers agree to not broadcast dedicated channels or talkgroups related to investigations, arson, and fire marshal activities.

It sounds like the tac channels are being used for fireground / on scene operations so you would be allowed to broadcast those.

ecps92

What had been known forever as Fireground [Fire] has become TAC aka Tactical in many Services, this should not be confused with what LE and some EMS consider TAC / Tactical, altho many are very very mis-labeled

I am confused as to weather fire department TAC channels can be broad casted. Our local county fire will dispatch the move the incident to one of the TAC channels. I don't want to violate any rules so I am asking.

Thanks for your time.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Only Chans/talkgroups that are for only tactical/special ops/covert ops etc in Law Enforcement, or EMS to ER reporting/Physician Consults, or Fire Arson Investigations (Technically LE Tac) are on the do not broadcast listing. Fire Ground/Tactical is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.