Fire Dispatch on 3-F CCCS System

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Was hearing tonight HB Fire Dispatch on 3-F and then a few seconds later hearing the same dispatch on 3-L which is a computerized digital dispatch from a computer voice. Kind of crazy.

rsgorman

Premium Subscriber
Orange County Fire Changing Systems

I to have notice two different dispatches also which includes a digital voice dispatch on the Tac channel. Also notice quit a few units complaining about the new system? The are wishing they could go back to old system. Anyone know what changing with OCFA? Monitored fire today at 91 and Greenriver and could not hear anyone except on the CREW channel. Something is a foot!

scottyhetzel

I to have notice two different dispatches also which includes a digital voice dispatch on the Tac channel. Also notice quit a few units complaining about the new system? The are wishing they could go back to old system. Anyone know what changing with OCFA? Monitored fire today at 91 and Greenriver and could not hear anyone except on the CREW channel. Something is a foot!

It's metronet not OCFA.. OCFA is the county side of fire.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

During Big Fire Seasons in Orange County they run on what is called FIRE-OC which is 151.0100 Tone 2 123.0 VHF. In the past big fire calls were being patched from the CCCS Countywide cell to OC-ACCESS on 151.0850 136.5. The problem was they were tying up the ACCESS frequency so ORCO has their own VHF frequency now. This frequency is really nice because its on a repeater and its VHF. This means they can have coverage between hills and valley's and not have any problems or less problems with their radios. The 800mhz system is line of site so communicating between hills and valleys is just not going to work.

Also, when fires like this happen in OC or surrounding counties they call a "Solar Plan" which is called a Communication Plan by ICS-205. Its a 16 channel plan and surrounding agency have this plan loaded into their radios for use at the drop of a dime. Today's fire included ORCO,USFS,Corona, and maybe a few more that I could not re-call now.

Here is the "Solar Plan" comm setup. You are not going to be-able to hear the tacticals unless you are pretty close to the incident since they are simplex. You will hear the Command Channels since they are up on repeaters on the mountain tops.

Attachments

• Solar Plan.zip
    7.1 KB · Views: 164

hpycmpr

I notice the USFS for CA is not updated for the Cleveland Forest. I'm assuming that the SOLAR Plan shows the Forest Net. Did the Admin Net also change?
Steve

SCPD

QRT
Admin and Forest Net have changed. When you get to the USFS page click on the Wiki tab. I just wrote up a channel plan for all the National Forests in California that I just finished last week. I will be making database submissions later. I hope this helps.

hpycmpr

Thanks for the info. It appears that the wiki follows the DB on the Cleveland forest. The SOLAR Plan info in msg #4 above my previous msg shows
172.275 MHz for Cleveland, presumably for the Forest Net with a note that it's new for 2014.

Steve

RWPowell2

Premium Subscriber
Robo Dispatcher

Scroll down and read my post "Metro Net" dated 9-09.

Note: This reply was sent by a human and not a robot dispatcher.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
CNF abandoned the change until next year. The repeater input they were going to use is an IFB for an AM radio station. The SOLAR plan had one more update to correct that.

Status
Not open for further replies.