Fire/EMS in Merrimack County, NH

Status
Not open for further replies.

villlythekid

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I am originally from the Washington DC area but will be going up to the family house in Merrimack County for about a week. I have no idea how the fire department there along with the EMS works. What I can tell you is that down here in Maryland, we have a system that specifically has the consults in one group, fire/EMS dispatch in another, rescue talkgroups, specifically for MVCs and rescues, etc. Understandably, since it's a lot smaller county and less information is put on Radio Reference, it appears to me that there's only the Capital Area Mutual Aid "Fire Dispatch" (which I believe is thru Concord Fire) and the "firegrounds." What are the fireground channels used for? Are they only for fires or also for MVCs w/ entrapment, water rescues, etc? If not, then what channels are used for rescues? For those interested at the system we have down here, take a look: Prince George's County, Montgomery County.
Thanks,
Vilis

WX1N

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I am originally from the Washington DC area but will be going up to the family house in Merrimack County for about a week. I have no idea how the fire department there along with the EMS works. What I can tell you is that down here in Maryland, we have a system that specifically has the consults in one group, fire/EMS dispatch in another, rescue talkgroups, specifically for MVCs and rescues, etc. Understandably, since it's a lot smaller county and less information is put on Radio Reference, it appears to me that there's only the Capital Area Mutual Aid "Fire Dispatch" (which I believe is thru Concord Fire) and the "firegrounds." What are the fireground channels used for? Are they only for fires or also for MVCs w/ entrapment, water rescues, etc? If not, then what channels are used for rescues? For those interested at the system we have down here, take a look: Prince George's County, Montgomery County.
Thanks,
Vilis

Vilis,

I don't listen to Capital Area much, but generally, dispatch channels in this area are used for dispatching as well as response (apparatus, chief officers, and in some systems, other officers and individual members). Fireground channels are also known as tactical channels and are used for on-scene operations and car-to-car communications.

Hope this helps,
Rob

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
WX1N is correct. The area doesn't use trunked systems so everything is conventional and most are simplex.

Depending on how close to Concord you'll be, you can also try 453.1125/179.9, which repeats Capital Area Channel-1 on a Low-Power system, and 453.0375/179.9, which repeats Capital Area Channels 2-8 also on a Low-Power system. They're range is limited to mostly to the City of Concord.

Capital area uses community or agency names and units are typical in typing (Ambulance, Engine, etc). Our only things that may be different are C's are Chiefs, O's are Officers, and R's are members assigned radios.

Have fun in tne Granite State,
John M

Litning

WX1N is correct. The area doesn't use trunked systems so everything is conventional and most are simplex.

Depending on how close to Concord you'll be, you can also try 453.1125/179.9, which repeats Capital Area Channel-1 on a Low-Power system, and 453.0375/179.9, which repeats Capital Area Channels 2-8 also on a Low-Power system. They're range is limited to mostly to the City of Concord.

Capital area uses community or agency names and units are typical in typing (Ambulance, Engine, etc). Our only things that may be different are C's are Chiefs, O's are Officers, and R's are members assigned radios.

Have fun in tne Granite State,
John M
Good evening John

I plugged 453.1125 into my radio here in Weare and I am able to receive that link quite well (antenna about 25' agl). I did notice however something odd... I am also receiving Weare Fire on the same freq. I am running CSQ at the moment, but I cannot find any license for Weare fire. Have you any idea what may be going on with that?

Thanks

John K1LYV

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
Interesting. I don't know why that is happening. I don't hear Weare there at all (I am running PL). Weare is licensed for 458.1125 which pairs with 453.1125, but they're not licensed for 453.1125. They were going to run UHF links from their voter sites back to the repeater, but I'm not sure if they did that or something else.

Check out their license, WPMU823, and see if they show up on any of those UHF frequencies too. Maybe you're close enough to a receiver site and their using the links? I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.