Fire/EMS pager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARINE21078

Anyone know if its possible to get a pager like firefighters have?

Ive seen some people have them in their shacks but im clueless as to where to get them.

gpswx4cster

Not that bad....

I just purchased a Motorola Minitor III UHF pager with voice on ebay for $50.00. Another place on ebay will program the pager for $19.95. So not that too expensive if you shop around.

Gary Shuford

nmhhutti

why the heck do you want one?

I am a fire fighter and i have 4 pagers. 3 bravo 802s and 1 moto advisor. Let me tell you, they are not great to have at 1,2,3,4,5etc. in the morning when you are trying to sleep, and here is why. They go off and you have to wake up and turn them off, and then get up out of bed and drive 8 blocks to the station and load up in the truck to go to the call. Then on a good night if nobody wakes up and responds they retone and retone and retone till somebody wakes up. And if you have an officers pager you get triple the pages. For fires the 20 officer gets doble pages which is a pane in the ass because every other page is duplicated un till the call is closed and then on top of that 20 officers get a daily 20 page at 10:00am, thats right EVERY day at 10am. Depending on the factors you could have a empty pager and by the end of the day you may have to empty up to 44 pages in the memory.

Its a pain I dont think a person who doesnt need to have a pager would enjoy having it just because!!

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Very few agencies are that horrible when it comes to paging...

rescuecomm

Our dispatch will page until someone answers even though a paid fire dept operates in the area and usually responds. The op will quickly get tired of the pager and turn it off during sleeping hours.

Bob

btritch

I leave my scanner on our county/city fire channels (5 of them) 24X7..Not usually a dull moment on weekends, Not to busy at night during sleeping hours, Pager Tests EVERY SUNDAY MORNING sometime between 6AM and 10AM whenever SO isn't busy...Again, I'd like to have one but I can't afford one, LOL, I leave my scanner on the fire channels 24X7

Status
Not open for further replies.