Fire Frequency Collaboration Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

haleve

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Any members here willing to help me complete a statewide project to confirm conventional fire department paging & dispatch frequencies throughout Florida?
This is what I have monitored so far: 154.235 MHz Seminole County
155.04 MHz Volusia County
154.385 MHz Lake County
154.445 MHz St. Cloud (Osceola County)
I've been advised by other RR members on an earlier thread that 154.37 MHz Osceola County no longer dispatches on this frequency & is fully trunked.
I use a Vertex VHF high band VX2500 with 25' of LMR200 feeding a homebrew j-pole, I have the complete VHF fire service frequency bandplan & out of allocation frequencies programmed as listed in the RR database but without PL or DPL tones.

Last edited:

shadcall

Here is what the data base says regarding 155.04 for Volusia:

KXM604

B

131.8 PL

Volusia FR

Fire (simulcast of TRS 06-101)

FM

Fire Dispatch

I can confirm that this information is true. You will get the dispatch on that conventional frequecy, but that is all. If you want to follow the action you have to be on the trunked system and monitor whatever tac channel is assigned. And as you can see the conventional channel is a simulcast of the trunked system dispatch.

Last edited:

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
As you know, Marion County is on a trunked system (digital) and yet they are still using a VHF simulcast as they did when they had the analog trunk system. Marion County Fire Rescue Dispatch can still be heard on conventional VHF frequency 154.1600 with CTCSS tone 110.9 and can also be heard on 154.1300

I believe that the station tone-outs are carried thru these conventional freq's.

haleve

Banned
Thanks guys, it appears that 154.37 MHz Osceola County FD needs to be deprecated, also I've been monitoring 453.125 MHz F1 & 453.7875 MHz F2 Orange County FD & all I hear are sequential tones on F1 & nothing on F2, anybody have any info on that system?

ke4crc

Premium Subscriber
Polk county operates pagers aka. vol. pagers (voice beepers) on 153.995 P/L 103.5. but the county is in the process of switching over to a alpha numeric paging system 153.995 should go dark some time this year i am told

OPR80

Florida Fire Dispatch Frequencies

I listen to Sumter County Fire on 154.37 MHz Dispatch and 155.040 Tac Channel. They are Dispatched by Rural Metro Ambulance from Bushnell. You will also hear The Rural Metro Ambulances which are all 300 series units.

Hope this helps.

haleve

Banned
I've thought long & hard about this but due to narrowbanding, rebanding, encryption, Nextel, etc I am getting out of scanning & getting into CB radio, I hope someone here can keep this thread going for all who are still interested, thanks & take care.

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
Orange County UHF

Thanks guys, it appears that 154.37 MHz Osceola County FD needs to be deprecated, also I've been monitoring 453.125 MHz F1 & 453.7875 MHz F2 Orange County FD & all I hear are sequential tones on F1 & nothing on F2, anybody have any info on that system?

Orange County used those UHF frequencies to send tones only to alert the fire stations. The dispatches came over the 800 trunked system. Last I had heard, the 2-tone system was being phased out in favor of a CAD-driven alerting system. Don't know the current status, however.

Larry

TEH

Fire dispatch freqs

Hello radio friends,

1. Volusia Co Sheriff now dispatches all public safety for the county and all municipalities. Volusia uses 155.04 for dispatch on the west side of the county. 154.34 is used for dispatch on east side of the county.

2. 154.385 is not only used by Lake Co, but is also used as FD dispatch simulcast in the north part of Brevard County. As many of you know, Brevard uses a 4-site EDACS system.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Wow! Where've you been?

shadcall

Hello radio friends,

1. Volusia Co Sheriff now dispatches all public safety for the county and all municipalities. Volusia uses 155.04 for dispatch on the west side of the county. 154.34 is used for dispatch on east side of the county.

Both of the frequencies you list are simulcasts of the 800 trunked system. You will only hear the dispatch. You need to monitor the 800 EDACS system to hear the tac channels for the call once that channel is assigned. You do not need to monitor 155.04 or 154.34 if you monitor the 800 system.

whooey

Wow! Where've you been?

Me? LOL, I have been away from the forum, but not scanning. Lots of new stuff to get caught up on around here! :lol:

On topic: Doesnt look like Alachua uses any kind of CTSS or PL or DPL tones. ;)

EDIT: The Data base says 156.7 PL, but my PSR-500 isnt showing it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.