FIRE - George Lucas's Skywalker Ranch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retired911Guy

3 Alarm Structure Fire at Lucas Films Skywalker Ranch Main Residence, due to remote location 3rd alarm units still responding. Main residence is a 3 story VERY large building. Been there on a FD Tour back when I was active, believe me it's BIG!! (they even served us lunch while on tour :) )

MERA H2 Woodacre dispatch
MERA H4 Tac * see note below
MERA H5 Command

*Due to remote area H4 Tac being used mostly to direct units in and IC to Safety on mobile radios Etc.

Interior attack is on F13 P25 Conventional due to the handhelds being in a dead area of MERA.

MERA H2 Dispatch simulcast to old low band freq is on Live feeds.

Can't hear to much due MERA Dead area, but can hear CMD with reports to dispatch

Dave

EDIT: Forgot to mention for those who don't know where Skywalker Ranch is, Marin Co, CA (if you're looking for the live feed)

Last edited:

Retired911Guy

Skywalker Ranch spokespersons are saying no fire... Marin County Fire is saying very small fire putting up a lot of smoke.

Well, where there's smoke, there's fire...

Update just now from IC (9:37pst)
Fire is now contained to 1st floor wall, all units still committed for 1hr.

I didn't report this earlier, but about an hr ago the IC called for USAR to respond to help cut through a concrete wall to get to the base of the fire, USAR is about 5 min away (still)....but they dumped enough water on it from above that they believe it's "looking pretty good now"

Dave

kma371

QRT
They should have just used "the force" to put it out ;)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

RadioGuy1951

Premium Subscriber
Lucas Valley Road (no relation) is a narrow 2 lane country road, and Skywalker is several miles west of US Hwy 101...and the hills always have been problematic for radio comms, despite several hilltop repeaters...

There were less problems I understand when everybody was on VHF LOW...

I used to live in Dillon Beach and work in Bel Marin Keys...

Status
Not open for further replies.