Fire in Phoenix near PIR

Status
Not open for further replies.

cratliff

Fire started by ligntning just east of PIR and has already burned over 100 acres. I thought it was cloudy this evening but when I left work near the Biltmore I could see the orange from the flames and the smoke rising. Firefighting efforts wont start until tomorrow morning though because it was close to dark when it started. They plan on using at least 2 tankers to help. Should be some neat comms to listen to...

cratliff

What channel and frequency are they working that on?
I am not sure yet. I worked all during the day yesterday and today and have not had a chance to try to listen in. I hope to be able to soon. I did hear though, that they are no longer using the helicopters and the tankers to drop fire retardant on the flames because it was having little effect. I am a little disappointed in that because it would have probably made for some neat listening.

cratliff

interesting....I read that because of the Salt Cedar, which is thick fuel that the air drops weren't very effective so they called them off this morning....apparently they brought it back. Cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.