Fire in Zionsville

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

Zionsville Fire on the scene of The Friendly Tavern at 290 South Main Street for a commerical building fire.Zionsviile Fire is being assisted by Carmel Engine 42 and Whitestown Fire Engine 72.Radio Traffic is on Safe-t Talkgroup 06 BCF FGD 1 ( 6320) Fri 12-30-2011 3:46PM

Last edited:

garryd451

Pokagon, Michigan, half way between Niles and Dowa
Must of been a big fire

I just looked up the Zionsville Fire Department Information. They have two stations with total of 3 engines, two ladder trucks, 2 tankers, a heavy resuce and misc small trucks.With this much equiptment it most of been a big fire for them to ask for mutual aid from 2 departments

aliby19

Feed Provider
My understanding from listening to the radio traffic that day is that there was a smoke condition in the building. There were pockets/spots of smoke on the first floor and the second floor was covered in a "haze" of smoke.

As for the large number of departments - I believe that this was due to automatic aid agreements, especially since this came out as a "commercial building fire."

If I recall correctly, Carmel and Whitestown's engines were released from the scene quite promptly.

Just my two cents/thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies.