Fire Mutual Aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatedGore

Premium Subscriber
Hello, every now and then when say a bad accident or something happens at the prison in Miami Co, and the fire department needs to contact Lutheran Air they say to contact on Fire Mutual Aid, is this a countywide thing or for say the Statewide Mutual Aid Talkgroups on the SAFE-T system?

bdub5

That one guy...
Normally the ground contact is on one of the SAFE-T Regional Mutual Aid talkgroups. Your experience may vary depending on the capabilities of the department coordinating the landing zone.

west-pac

Most likely 154.280 Mhz VHF analog. I heard that as well.

EDIT: Miami Co Correctional has their own SAFE-T site, but it doesn't allow non-IDOC talkgroups, so when the fire dept arrives there they may not have good coverage from the Peru SAFE-T site to make contact on one of the 800 regional mutual-aid channels; or their volunteer FDs may not have a bunch of 800Mhz portable radios. I heard Miami Co Disp ask the FD personnel which channel they wanted Lutheran Air on, and they said Fire Mutual Aid. I apparently don't have that channel in my VHF scanner because I never heard Lutheran Air contact the FD.

Last edited:

DatedGore

Premium Subscriber
Yes west-pac they ask the fire which frequency then I heard mutual aid. Thanks for all the help you guys have been very useful. Thanks for the frequency
WA9JGB

Status
Not open for further replies.