Fire oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

redneckcellphone

Premium Subscriber
Just heard a call on orange county fire 5 bravo for a vegetation fire in mission Viejo.

Im clueless as to what frequency they are on. The dispatch mentioned "fire oc". What is that?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Markb

Premium Subscriber
151.01 - it's in the DB.

It's their VHF simulcast repeater system for access/interoperability with CalFire and the rest of the state.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Markb

Premium Subscriber
It's a good one to have programmed in for sure.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

RWPowell2

Premium Subscriber
Fire OC

Fire OC is an adjunct to OC Access but is only used by fire services. When the county took over from California Department of Forestry, now Cal Fire, they needed a Mutual Aid coordination channel for large incidents (Cal Fire uses VHF). Originally they used OC Access (151.085) but later licensed OC Fire (151.01). All bush dispatches are assigned to OC Fire in the event that Mutual Aid from Riverside or San Diego is needed. Most of the time outside aid is not required but the incident remains on OC Fire. (The County has a big investment in all those VHF radios).They will sometimes request OCC to patch OC Fire to an 800MHz talk group for better coordination within the county.

fireinoc

Premium Subscriber
OC Wildland Fire frequencies

All vegetation fires in OCFA wildland areas are managed on VHF frequencies after initial dispatch. This is in response to agreements with mutual aid partners including the Forest Service, Cal Fire, and others. They use either the "SOLAR Plan" in North County or the "PROS Plan in South County. An 800 MHZ frequency (usually command) may be "patched" into FireOC, but will not be the primary frequency. The VHF frequencies used will include CDF Command 1, 2 & 3, CDF Air-Ground (3 frequencies), V-Fire 21/22/23/24/25/26, Vtac 11, CDF Tac 8, CDF RRU 2, XSD North Cmnd., XSD Cmnd. 1, LAC V1, LAC A/G, FS Region 5 Tacs., FS Tac 2, FS A/G 59, FS A/G53, and Air Guard

These frequencies will not only be used by OCFA, but will be used by all partner agencies in boundary areas including LACo., Riverside and San Diego Counties/Cal Fire, Cleveland NF, Camp Pendleton Fire, Chino Valley Fire, Anaheim, Orange, Oceanside, North County Fire, etc.

OC Access is used only as a last resort anymore, since it is also used for transmitting traffic alerts and other info by County Communications.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Yeah but my radio i use to listen to fire and the police red is 800mhz only.

Yup this is the guy that was bragging about finding an ASTRO commerical grade radio and having somebody program it for "no affiliate" and now is wondering why he can't receive VHF on a commerical grade radio.

Hmmm. Sound like he needed to stick with an all band scanner. Commerical grade radios are band specific.

redneckcellphone

Premium Subscriber
Yup this is the guy that was bragging about finding an ASTRO commerical grade radio and having somebody program it for "no affiliate" and now is wondering why he can't receive VHF on a commerical grade radio.

Hmmm. Sound like he needed to stick with an all band scanner. Commerical grade radios are band specific.
I had no intention to listen to vhf frequencies. And no im not complaining or bragging. You can find astro 800s on ebay all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.