Fire on 800East in Hendricks County

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

Working fire in Hendricks County at 9457East 800 East.Plainfield has Decatur Twp from Marion County on scene to assist them along with other working companies.Tanker 31,Tanker 32 and Tanker 92 and TSU 83,Also callling for Brown Twp for a Brush Fire Rig and a tanker for a second building.They are on safe-t on 32-HCF-OPS 1 3-21-2010 8:12PM * A large amount of amunation is involved being stored in the building that is on fire*

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I believe TSU 83 is from Wayne Township, Marion County. The Incident Commander was trying to get them into position with their scene lighting. Brown Township, Morgan County (not to be confused with Brownsburg Fire Territory which includes Brown Township, Hendricks County) supplied a medic and a tanker. One of the Plainfield engines tried to tap into a nearby hydrant, but told the IC they couldn't get it open. Shades of the hydrant problems Indianapolis had back in the winter. Interesting about the ammunition on scene. Not sure if the homeowner was a collector, hunter, or what. Also, Hendricks County Sheriff deputies were dispatched to deal with traffic and gawkers.

W9NES

W9RXR, Yes TSU 83 is from Wayne Twp. and Yes I am very much aware of Brown Tonship Engine 22 and Engine 24 are from Morgan Co.*Not Brown Township for Brownsburg.If Brownsburg would have been called it would have been Engine 133,Etc.The Medic was from Hendricks Co not Morgan County.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Tim, what I heard was the IC asking Dispatch for another medic and then, a few minutes later, he asked for another tanker. Dispatch then responded that Brown Township was sending both a medic and a tanker.

W9NES

Bob,Thanks but They only* requested a grass rig and a tanker from Brown Township(Morgan County) and they sent Engine 22 and Engine 24.*The Medic is question was a Hendricks County Medic and if you will go to Brown Township's Fire Department Web site you will see a picture of Engine 22 and Engine 24.I heard the entire call go out when they requested Brown Township and I did monitor 154.370 for Morgan Co. Fire and they did dispatch Engine 22 and Engine 24,No medic was ever dispatched on 154.370 from Morgan County.

Status
Not open for further replies.