Fire/Police Stalker ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

santana

Hi everyone, I am really enjoying my GRE PSR-300. Its true about the sensitivity, and with that comes intermod and locking on stations but not quite hearing them. I live in Northumberland County in Pa. I am 67 miles from Steelton and I am getting signals from there. Not quite hearing them though. Some of the Dauphin county signals I am getting. Also, there is something in my house or around the scanner which causes it to lock up on certain programmed frequencies. I should do a receiver test. But its not a big problem. What locks up in the morning does not lock up in the evening. Any way, this brings me to my question. Is Fire/Police Stalker like Close Call or Signal Stalker on the Radio Shack scanners? Also I have just today mailed 2 radio shack scanners and a Grundig G5 receiver out to buyers. Gave me enough capital to order a PSR-400 for the computer desk which I have a coax cable run to from my discone on the roof. I am glad I made the upgrade. I was looking at a BCT15X Scanner, but since I bought the program for the GRE 300,400, I thought I would go with the GRE's. SO back to my question about Fire/Police Stalker? thanks alot , santana

CStarr59

I believe fire/police stalker is "signal stalker" only scanning the fire/police band, thats the way I have mine set. So when I turn it on, it only scans the fire and police bands. Also you will get interferience "intermod" from electrical appliances such as computers and televisions. So maybe that is where you are having a problem. My psr-300 can't go within 5 feet of my computer and 8 feet of my tv without locking onto a frequence and freezing there. How does that 300 do hooked to the discone you have mounted?

santana

You CStarr59

I am really tough on this scanner. I have it about3 ft away from my computer tower, 1 ft away from my wireless router, and 1 ft away from my monitor. But listen to this, The past two hours i did not have any lockups on it right where it is. Its amazing. This morning I had lockups on probably three frequencies. he discone is great. I do get some intermod now and then. I think it is a trade off. The higher sensitivity for the price of the intermod and the white noise. I know you won't get a perfect radio. All my HF radios had there great points compared to other characteristics that I too with the turf. But I have watched this scanner on the discone since I got it. It does pull in more and different signals than my other two radio shack scanners. Also it has better ears than my UnidenBC95XLT. I use the uniden in my truck with a radio shack scanner magnetic mount and I have a window clip that I put on the window, and then close the window to hold the clip secure, and put my Smiley 50" on that and the uniden does a good job there. I am glad I made the move from my older RS scanners to the GRE ones. I will probably try a uniden base after awhile. Conventional frequencies here at my QTH. What do you recommend fr a Uniden conventional base. I am reading up on the BCT15X Scanner. This will be for the discone.

Status
Not open for further replies.