Fire Station Addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayveedub

I was curious if anyone knew how i caould go about finding fire house locations in the Greater DC and Baltimore Areas. I want to make a map with thumbtacs represtenting each firehouse.

I monitor the following counties and cities
Baltimore County
Baltimore City
Harford county
Howard County
Anne Arundel
Prince Georges
Montgomery
Washington DC
Fairfax County and all cities within

thanks any info is appreciated i will be googling in the meantime.

seamusg

rayveedub said:
I was curious if anyone knew how i caould go about finding fire house locations in the Greater DC and Baltimore Areas. I want to make a map with thumbtacs represtenting each firehouse.

I monitor the following counties and cities
Baltimore County
Baltimore City
Harford county
Howard County
Anne Arundel
Prince Georges
Montgomery
Washington DC
Fairfax County and all cities within

thanks any info is appreciated i will be googling in the meantime.
Try a search for their web sites.
http://www.ci.baltimore.md.us/neighborhoods/facilities/polfire.html

rayveedub

ive been doing that and i found that one but the problem is i cant find any others. i am currently working on montgomery county and the sites i found so far have not been useful.

seamusg

rayveedub said:
ive been doing that and i found that one but the problem is i cant find any others. i am currently working on montgomery county and the sites i found so far have not been useful.
I don't know the setup for your area, are the FD's county or local, if there local they are usually on the local's website.

Dank

I think there is a link on the botttom of the Montgomery Co MD ppage in the RRDB.

menglish

I did the same thing in google earth last spring for Howard and all the typical mutual aide stations for Howard. Just google the "X county fire department" and you will typically find a list of all the stations in the county somewhere on the site.
Example: Here is Howard's page http://www.co.ho.md.us/FAR/FAR_FireStations.htm
Here is AACo http://www.aacounty.org/Fire/Stations/index.cfm

Then just paste the address into google earth and let it take you there and then you can create your placemark.

-Matt

BarnacleBill

Station Addresses

Microsoft Streets and Trips is great for that project. I told my wife to get that program
for me last Christmas. I had a ball putting in e-pins where the stations were located.
As I recall, even the stations are listed in the database that came with the program on
CD. I'm only talking about Anne Arundel County. If I recall correctly, the fire stations
and police stations are listed in the phone book too.

rayveedub

thanks so much for all the info guys, ive been googling away and managed to find quite a few and that fairfax link was perfect, i definately needed that. I managed to know down quite a few but still i have a few more to go. I am starting to get a little greedy and am expanding to other parts of NoVa.

tolley

Premium Subscriber
Maryland Fire Stations

Maryland State Highway has downloadable shapefiles for ARC GIS for all of the fire stations in the state of Maryland. I downloaded and looked at in ARC and it looked correct.
Here is a link to the State Highway data: http://www.marylandgis.net/SHAdata/list.asp Other data such as roads can be downloaded as well.

RockyNCC

Fires Station Locations

I have found that the ADC series of maps for the Maryland/Virginia are great for finding/locating fire stations. The suggestion for using MS Streets and Trips is also great.
You will also discover that most of the fire departments use the ADC map grid for referencing locations. Happy Hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.