Fire Tone Out - Fremont County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosemedic

Hello Group

I'm looking for the Fire Tone Out's (FTO) for Fremont county.
I'm interested in both fire and EMS, It's just that FTO is how Uniden calls it in their scanner, and the programming with FreeScan software.

I realize that Wyoming in headed toward WyoLink, I'm just not sure how you're paging out calls. If this works on VHF pagers with WyoLink, or if it's the same problem encountered by Colorado and the Statewide DTRS (no more Minitor Pagers) Everyone has to have an XTS2500 or XTS5000 instead.

I didn't see this posted anywhere in the Threads or the WiKi for Wyoming or Fremont County

Thanks!

wyShack

Premium Subscriber
Here in Gillette, agencies are paging on their conventional frequencies although communication seems to be moving to Wyolink. I hear EMS about 50-50 on conventional and Wyolink.

wyomingmedic

If memory serves me correctly (I programmed the Fremont fire radios several years ago), they are paged out over their old analog frequency and a text LTR based system.

All of their communication is on WyoLink, but as of the programming they weren't using it for any type of paging. In fact, we had to replace some of their old wideband dispatch consolettes with something a bit more modern.

I doubt they have changed since then, but anything is possible.

Moosemedic

Thanks for the updated links, they worked... However..

My bad.... My original post is for Fremont County....

Any WiKi for Fremont?

Radar412

Premium Subscriber
split between Berkeley Springs, WV & Wyoming
Fremont County FIre EMS paging

After spending a week in Lander this is what I found regarding paging. EMS pages go out over the 453.1625 by pocsag paging only, no vocal dispatch. Fire tone out is still given by a vocal dispatch over the 453.1625 but has a pocsag preamble as well. Concerning paging over VHF, the simulcast over 155.115 listed in the database no longer occurs however I did discover by a Close Call hit that they are using 157.74 as a simulcast of the 453.1625. I confirmed I was not hearing an image by entering it in a commercial vhf portable & it indeed is used for Fire EMS paging. I will submit it to the database as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.