fire tone out help

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello im trying to set up my uniden 996. i have the tone out codes. i want to monitor christiana mill creek and a few others, which ones do i put in aa to ab ba to bb etc. not sure which ones to put in also which frequencie do i put in for each fire co. are they all diffrent frequencies or does one do them all. ive tried setting this up before but have had no luck never heard anything. can someone please help me out on this. i would like to hear what this sounds like. i see on the tone outs that there are fire calls, ambulance, etc. what does this all mean. any help on getting me set up would be great thanks in advance. i think uniden only allows 10 set ups. can they all be scaned at the same time. thanks again.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Frank if memory serves me, you cannot scan the fire tone out codes. You need to set it on one code and let it wait there. You cannot (yet) be scanning as you would normally, and have a FTO setting at the same time.

You might find this useful - it's from the Western Pa scanner wiki (yeah, there's another scanner-related wiki out there...)

http://www.wpascanner.com/wiki/index.php?title=Hardware:Tone_Out

73 Mike

wb3j

Frank...

Where did you locate the tone-out frequencies? I've got the same radio and am looking for Kent County tone-out freqs. I thought I saw them in this database, but after looking again, I can't seem to find them.

Let me know....please.

Jim

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

You can find FTOs for Kent Co. HERE. Frank, there are 2 sets of tones, AA-AB and BA-BB. AA-AB is usually Fire, and BA-BB is usually EMS. Program Set A, Tone A and Set A, Tone B as a set of Tones, and program the FTO Channel as 453.3000 for NCCo.

HTHs

Dave AKA The Tripzter

frank125

firetoneouthelp

hello dave thanks for youre info i will give this a try and see what i get, thanks again frank

Status
Not open for further replies.