Fire tone out help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

se

Hi All.

I was just wondering if it is possible to set up the fire tone out feature on my BCD996XT for the London Middlesex Public Safety system? If so could someone please explain it to me in basic detail?

Thanks Sheldon.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Listen to the paging channel. Iff they use a two- or one-tone Motorola type system, then you can do it.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
The manual actually does a pretty good job - it might be better to tell us where you're getting stuck?

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
This may help you out. I tried to copy and paste the link but for some reason or another it is re-directing to something else when i post it, but anywho's google programming fire tone outs, you will see a search result come back that says Hardware:Toneout WPASCANNER. Click that link and it gives you a walkthrough

Last edited:

se

Damned I guess I have a novice understanding of my BCD996xt I thought I could setup fire tone out for the London Fire Dept. Would that be because they share the EDACS system with other agencies?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
As Mike mentioned, they don't use the tone out that the 996 is looking for. Yes, they do use an alert tone, but it's not a tone out per say. The 996 only works with Motorola Quick Call paging. Around here the best users to try it on would be county fire or EMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.