Fire Tone Out Issue Please Advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

james812

Thanks to everyone on the forums in advance,

I HAVE searched and read many posts about Fire Tone Out,

I have a Uniden 396t, and I have the tones, they are decoded and are close to the actual tones, maybe a hair off in either direction. I know this affects the fire tone out process.

My question, the scanner will alert that the tones have been "hit" but the squelch will not open. (i set the alert feature on in the fire tone out options)

Is this a sign that the tones are not close enough? because it will "alert" but not open the squelch?

I recorded the tones, and ran them through adobe audition, I then matched the tones up to the nearest ones on the Motorola Quick Call 2 sheet (Motorola Quick Call 2 - Pager Codes) they were only sightly off

Adobe audition decoded 599.89 hz (a) first tone I used 600.9 off above Mot Quick Call 2 sheet
decoded 633.28 hz (b) second tone 634.5 ""

Can someone please given their opinion? I have tried adjusting the delay time, no help?

I have read for at least 2 hours on this and nothing else has helped...

Thanks

73's

JASII

Memory Capacity
Fire Tone Out Issue

What do you have selected for Fire Tone Out Delay?

SDavis90

Set your delay at about 10 sec. that will give them time to dispatch the call before your radio resumes the tone out scan. Start with 10 and adjust either way. Some agencies tone out and get the call out in 10 secs usually it seems, which is adequate enough to get the call, unless of course you want it to sit there and hear units check enroute...Some I have adjusted to 30 secs because the order they tone out, and the first tone is the one I want to catch therefore 30 secs gets the others toned out and still enough room left to catch the nature and location of the call.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.