Fire Tone Out on BCD396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintballpro650

Premium Subscriber
In the fire toneout setup in the scanner it asks for the frequency of the tone out channel and then the two tones and their frequencies. I got my two tone frequencies no problem. My question is my fire dispatch is simulcast on analog on 154.1600. Should i use this as my frequency or is there a way to enter the new digital frequency? Since the system is a motorolla trunking system wouldnt that mean the digital frequenct is everchanging?

I'm in montgomery county, md if that means anything to anyone.

Thanks

paintballpro650

Premium Subscriber
Fire Tone out

Ok well does that mean tone out only works with conventional frequencies and cannot be use on motorolla or trunking systems? Also what is the modulation and attenuator what do they do and what do they mean. Also what is the Audio AGC?
I guess i'm confused becuase I think i have everything right but I havent gotten an alert in 48hrs. My stations slow but not that slow. Also when it asks for frequency could I use one of the 4 control frequencies? I mean in a system there are usually a handful of control frequencies and then many more talkgroup #'s I understand the talk group is everchanging but wouldnt fire always use one frequency in a digital trunking system?

paintballpro650

Premium Subscriber
Fire Tone Out

Well then what good does that do you if everything is transitioning to digital? That doesnt really make sense. What about all the other parameters I previously mentioned?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber

paintballpro650

Premium Subscriber
Fire tone out question

Can anyone answer the questions regarding all the other settings associated with FTO

Status
Not open for further replies.