FIre Tone Out quit working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roveer

I've had my 536HP set on FTO for the past few weeks. It seems to be working. The past 2 nights at 6:30 when I normally get my nightly radio test I get the announce tone and a small bit of the audio tone then the squelch snaps shut and I hear nothing. I know this has been working as I have heard the entire nightly test in the past.

I have been receiving alerts on the other departments that I am also FTO monitoring and have only noticed this on the nightly test. I've got the recording feature turned on so after tomorrows test I'll pull down the recordings and see what I've got. Very strange 2 nights In a row.

I will have my other scanner on at 6:30 to see exactly what happens

Roveer

SCPD

QRT
Did you change the recording length? I am having the same problem after changing the length of recording

Roveer

Did you change the recording length? I am having the same problem after changing the length of recording

I'm not using the "look back" record, but rather the "full record" which records everything.

I had 3 EMS calls this morning and they worked just fine. I believe my look back record is set at the full 240 seconds. I also think I've had an occasional miss on the pm test in the past. Again, it alerts, flashing dial, alert tone and all, but then the squelch closes and no audio from dispatch. I don't believe I've seen this on an actual dispatch just the nightly test. At first I thought the dispatcher may have abandoned the test after sending the tones. Sometimes they get busy at 6:30 and will either delay the test or abandon it altogether. But 2 nights in a row seemed strange.

BTW, this is a conventional analog channel. Not a trunked or digital.

Roveer

Roveer

how about the delay time. you can pick from 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 30sec or Infinite. see what it is set at.

I'm assuming this is how long it will keep the squelch open before it goes back to monitoring? I'll take a look. I'm sure it's set at the default and if so, I'll raise it a bit. Thanks for the tip.

Roveer

omrail

I'm assuming this is how long it will keep the squelch open before it goes back to monitoring? I'll take a look. I'm sure it's set at the default and if so, I'll raise it a bit. Thanks for the tip.

Roveer

sorry it is yes on my radio the default is 2 secs. your welcome hope i was of help.

AC2OY

For me,I found that if I go in and change the delay for all things from 2 seconds to at least 4 seconds,the scanner performs better. I hope you resolved your fire tone issue.

Roveer

I changed the delay to 4 seconds and it seems to have worked correctly for the nightly test. Thanks to everyone for the help on this!

Roveer

Status
Not open for further replies.