Fire Tone Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

IowaBrian

I am looking for the tone codes for Marion fire and any other agency that borders Linn County. If someone has a list I would really love to see it. I have a new toy and would like to see how it works :)

Thanks in advance Brian

SCPD

QRT
Program your 396xt with the paging frequency into the tone out 1. Leave the both the tone A and tone B blank. Then let the scanner sit on that frequency. It will decode the tone A and tone B frequencies when a page is received.
If the county you want the tones for does a nightly or weekly county pager test listen during that time. If they do multiple tones in a row you will only decode the first set of tones.

IowaBrian

Thanks giving it a try, trying to read the wiki for this scanner sucks. I like a good print manual.
Brian

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
Thanks giving it a try, trying to read the wiki for this scanner sucks. I like a good print manual.
Brian

What scanner is it? There's a guy out there that has a website where he makes "easier-to-read" manuals for amateur radios, I don't know if he does scanners too, but try searching "<scanner model> easier to read manual" and see what comes up. The manuals he re-writes are pretty popular.

IowaBrian

Uniden BCD 396XT.
I love the easier to read GRE stuff on this site but I wish they had one for this scanner! I love the scanner (wish P25 sounded like the GRE) I can see having more from this company in the future. Just learning all of the programming and such is a pain.

IowaBrian

Tried to sit on the chan with 0.0 and 0.0 for A and B I can hear the call going out and but no values show up. Not sure what I am doing wrong, going to try to catch tonights test in some other counties to see if it will give me a value for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.