BCD536HP: Fire Tone Out

amcare38

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying without success to program a Tone Out Search. Only information I don't have is the A & B tones. I've followed the directions but it doesn't capture anything. What am I doing wrong?

Eng74

If you are searching for the tone pairs set both A and B to 0. Set the delay time to Infinite so you will be able to see the tones. Then put into standby and wait for a tone out.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Or use something like PROSCAN to log the tones and you have a paper trail to go by.

amcare38

Premium Subscriber
Still can't get the Tone Out operating. I've followed the instructions in both the uniden & easier to read manuals but if the scanner is scanning or held on the Tone search/stand by mode nothing is received however if I hold on the frequency in my favorites list I hear everything.........

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
It only works if the scanner is locked on the frequency in the tone out mode.

Eng74

There are still some older quick call systems that use a 2+2 there are actually 4 tones that go out it sounds the same over the air as a 1+1 because they are so close together.

amcare38

Premium Subscriber
There are still some older quick call systems that use a 2+2 there are actually 4 tones that go out it sounds the same over the air as a 1+1 because they are so close together.
To my knowledge it's not a 2+2 system