fire tone out

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinellasfirefighter

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
yes we do.... we all have our pagers when we work. but its digital.. when our unit is toned out our pager will go off with addy and nature of the call..

pinellasfirefighter

Banned
i`m telling i`m a firefighter/paramedic in pinellas on our mot 2 system.. when our unit is toned out our pagers go off with the addy and info for the call.. we are also issued our nextell along with our protable radio.. all 3 of these work together say i use 2 way on my nextell it will come up to the dispatch what unit i`m on such as engine 29. we have no patches on our fire system.. i know for a fact.. we have one of the most advance communication and 911 system in the state of florida. our system is the Motorola Type II SmartNet Analog/Digital/Encrypted Trunked.

pinellasfirefighter

Banned
maybe i`m not explaining what i`m talking about right.. we are using a cad system when my tones go off for my engine i get a alert on my pager with digtal alpha message.. i`m not getting a voice transmission.. we use no patches or uhf/vhf in our county period.

RocketNJ

But that is not two tone paging. The CAD system is sending an alpha page out probably through some 3rd party paging company.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Its a alpha pager that works with 800trunking sounds like. If the FTO is not trunked it may work like Vhf/Uhf mode would. I don't know because my county is 800 yet. I know Jax doesn't have FTO they are busy so they don't have time to page out.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
"we are using a cad system when my tones go off for my engine i get a alert on my pager with digtal alpha message.."

Correct - you are not being toned out. The digital alpha message is not at all connected to the tones you hear.

DickH

RocketNJ said:
But that is not two tone paging. The CAD system is sending an alpha page out probably through some 3rd party paging company.

That's how it works where I am. Look on the back of the pager. It may have the freq. Mine is 152.240.

Al42

152.24 might be tone-out, then an alpha transmission. Tone-out isn't used on trunk systems because it wouldn't work. (The transmitter has to be transmitting a bit before the tone-out generator starts, not after the trunking controller decides to issue a grant and the transmitter switches to the granted channel.)

DickH

Al42 said:
152.24 might be tone-out, then an alpha transmission. Tone-out isn't used on trunk systems because it wouldn't work. (The transmitter has to be transmitting a bit before the tone-out generator starts, not after the trunking controller decides to issue a grant and the transmitter switches to the granted channel.)

I should have been more precise, but I figured everyone would be able to understand.. The back of my pager is marked, "FREQ. 152.2400MHZ".

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Before Orlando went P25 there were sending the tones over the OFD Tac 1 talkgroup, Orange County Fire has two UHF channels they send the tones out on, however one day i heard them send the tones over the fire 1 talkgroup, there was a pause before they went out (Presumablly they set up the zetron that way) but sine th move to trunking there have been alot of complaints of missed alerts and stations not responding because of it.

I dont think the station tones for pinellas are compatible with FTO tough, they almost sound like a modat burst

Status
Not open for further replies.