Fire Tone Outs - Norfolk/Oxford

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasoyeom

I recently started to use Two Tone Detect to monitor local FD's and their tone outs.

I have a list of the tone outs for Norfolk & Oxford FD's that don't seem to be accurate.

Earlier tonight Courtland Stn 6 in Norfolk county was toned out for a call with 3 different tones.

The first tones were 521-322 then it was paged again on the 'centre tower' but with different tones (349-365).

A third page for the same call but now another tone altogether 349-371.

I had presumed that the same tone would be used for all three pages since it's the same station?

Jason

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I recently started to use Two Tone Detect to monitor local FD's and their tone outs.

I have a list of the tone outs for Norfolk & Oxford FD's that don't seem to be accurate.

Earlier tonight Courtland Stn 6 in Norfolk county was toned out for a call with 3 different tones.

The first tones were 521-322 then it was paged again on the 'centre tower' but with different tones (349-365).

A third page for the same call but now another tone altogether 349-371.

I had presumed that the same tone would be used for all three pages since it's the same station?

Jason

Do you have a scanner that has Fire Tone Out option?

I have a list maybe this can work. Try this
524.6 or 517.8A 321.4 or 321.7B
349.0A 366.0B
349.0A 371.5B

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I don't have a scanner that has Tone out which is why I'm using TwoToneDetect.

What are the tones you sent me for?

The ones I send those are the close to the ones you have. I think if they are off by a few numbers it won't work.

jasoyeom

Today Norfolk County Fire had some upgrades performed on their towers. They are calling it the Simulcast system and I'm presuming that no matter where a unit is the signal is sent to all 6 towers so it's a good strong signal anywhere in the County.

During the upgrades each station was paged out to let them know their radios have been reprogrammed and I captured all the tone outs for each station. I've updated the Fire Tone Out wiki with the station name and the tone out tones.

I have the audio of the upgrades with the tone outs here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-6q2Uju4exqa0FnSV9GTTAtVk0&usp=drive_web

jasoyeom

I've updated the Norfolk FD tone outs on the RD page. As stations are getting paged I'm getting more specific information that I will update the page with.

Status
Not open for further replies.