Fire Tone Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
So I used the Fire Tone Out Search in my 396XT tonight and I am trying to figure out how to round them to the proper tones as these are definitely off a bit. The tones I pulled were

and I got a Plectron Tone of 2100.0 and I know it was plectron because they outright said Plectron test.

So Like I said do I round them of or go to the nearest or what as I'd like to put them in the radio so that at night I can put the radio into stanby and listen that way

Thanks
Joe

jdanon

Since you mentioned Plectron, I just google "plectron tones" and up came the table of valid plectron tone frequencies. See this link: Plectron Paging Codes. From the results of the FTO search on your 396XT, the nearest tone frequency from this chart is what you should program in. I should also add that there are some handy charts on the web that show all the valid tone frequencies for different types of systems that are easily found thanks to google.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
actually, that's why I asked as when I looked at those charts the tones I got weren't on there that's how I knew they were wrong. I guess I'm gonna have to experiment with the higher or lower than tone. I'll just go with whatever is closer

Status
Not open for further replies.