Fire Tone Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tormedic

I am trying to capture tone out codes on my sds-200 scanner to input to local fire stations.
I am having issues with this.

Can any one help.

I am using the latest version of proscan on a windows computer

steve

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
You have to make sure you got the correct tones for A & B. I made a video with the 436 it is same setup on the sds200. I have a list of tone numbers.

Attachments

• Tone Paging System.pdf
    75.1 KB · Views: 41

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
If they are using A&B you need to make sure that number you get and look at the list I posted PDF and see what number matches with it. Or do you have all the correct tones trying something on computer side?

littona

Super Freq
Premium Subscriber
Not familiar with the SDS200, but if you're trying to figure out what the tones are, you could just record it and analyze the audio using Audacity (or some other program) to determine the frequencies. See attached to help identify the tone sequence - in the table titled "Paging Timings". In my EMS world, we use mostly the Motorola 1 + 1, which is a one second tone, immediately followed by a 3 second tone. The tones for that are in the chart titled "Motorola Quick Call 2 One Plus One".

Attachments

• tone_signaling.pdf
    83 KB · Views: 41

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Also, when you do a tone search on the scanner, your results might not exactly match what is shown on the chart. That's because of tolerance in tones.

What you'll want to do is locate the tone frequency in Hz which is the closest to what your scanner discovers and use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.