Fire Tones Maplewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I have some. But they probably need to be verified and they're a few years old as well. So i guess use at your own risk.

A:651.9 B:470.6 I have listed as medic 6 and medic 7
A: 339.6 B: 378.6 N St Paul
378.6 Lakeview Ambulance
A: 524.6 B: 879.0 Maplewood, but not sure on the usage
384.6 Maplewood but not sure on use
582.1 Maplewood but not sure the use.

Slyster

???

Unless I misunderstand wogggieee's response.. they are all digital now. See the database.

Help me if I'm wrong!... since I don't know what A: and B: even mean! yet... I tune in every day to Maplewood Fire talk groups... ?

hobbyhoser175

Slyster, the sounds you hear when a call is put out are called tones. You hear two different sounds (A tone and B tone) or sometimes departments use one (B tone) These can be heard on their analog frequency (154.190 for Maplewood/Vadnais Heights/Little Canada/North Pt Paul) The newer Uniden scanners can have the tones programmed into them and only hear audio when those tones are recieved. Same way the fire pagers work. Audio is only heard when the proper tones are recieved (if the pager is set that way)

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Even though they are digital the pagers they have are still analog, so they (and most FD's that went digital) still use the old analog freq to page out for calls while the most comms are on the digital side.

Status
Not open for further replies.