Fire Tones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

landonjensen

i really need to know monrovias tones, battalion 10 as they are my explorer post, and want them on there. If anyone has them please let me know.
Also if anyone has the station tones for station 101 and 102.

kenjicam said:
I hope this helps
Here's what I have for Verdugo.

These are definetly confirmed:
BC 1 553.9/584.8
BC 2 553.9/617.4
BC 3 553.9/651.9
BC 8 553.9/903.0
BC 9 533.9/767.4

These are unconfirmed:
BC 5 553.9/762.8
BC 6 553.9/767.4
BC 7 553.9/810.2
BC 10 584.8/553.9

I haven't had the time to confirm the unconfirmed tones ( since Verdugos' use of the two-tone/voice pager system may be coming to an end in the near future :-( ). I could be really wrong with the unconfirmed tones so please let me know. If anyone has found something differant please let me know.

Kenji Luster

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Hey Landon, I'm an explorer in the Bay Area and I recently figured out my department's tones. I don't have a minitor, so it was just kind of for the hell of it because they weren't published anywhere...

I figured out how to do it just using the search function in these forums. There is a good thread on how to figure everything out that you'll be able to find if you just do a search for "Fire Tones."

What you're going to want to do is download a program called 'Scanner Recorder' and run it on your local dispatch frequency for a day or so... long enough to record a dispatch for Battalion 10. Then download a program called "Musical Tuner" which tells you the frequency of each tone in Hertz (Hz). Play back the tones and watch the tuner program. It will take a couple of tries but you'll eventually get a value for all the tones. Write them down, and then use the tone tables in that thread you need to search for, and you'll be able to match up your tones to the table for the Motorola 5/6 Tone (or whatever your department uses). Plug it into your pager and try.

Or ask somebody at the department what the tones are, and save yourself a hell of a lot of trouble. :p :p :lol:

landonjensen

I have a HT1000 and a Pro 95, not A Pager though. You have a PM.

inigo88 said:
Hey Landon, I'm an explorer in the Bay Area and I recently figured out my department's tones. I don't have a minitor, so it was just kind of for the hell of it because they weren't published anywhere...

I figured out how to do it just using the search function in these forums. There is a good thread on how to figure everything out that you'll be able to find if you just do a search for "Fire Tones."

What you're going to want to do is download a program called 'Scanner Recorder' and run it on your local dispatch frequency for a day or so... long enough to record a dispatch for Battalion 10. Then download a program called "Musical Tuner" which tells you the frequency of each tone in Hertz (Hz). Play back the tones and watch the tuner program. It will take a couple of tries but you'll eventually get a value for all the tones. Write them down, and then use the tone tables in that thread you need to search for, and you'll be able to match up your tones to the table for the Motorola 5/6 Tone (or whatever your department uses). Plug it into your pager and try.

Or ask somebody at the department what the tones are, and save yourself a hell of a lot of trouble. :p :p :lol:

landonjensen

Sorry to bring up a old thread, and if anyone needs BC Tones for thier radio for Verdugo Dispatch, please send me a PM or Email. I have all of them from BC 1 - 10/105, and BC 4 and 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.