Firebaugh Fire- 152.645?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloScanMan_01

Can anyone verify that Firebaugh Volunteer Fire Department is in fact on 152.645? I saw this frequency in the RR database, but can not find a FCC license or other official/ unofficial source verifying this. I did find the following information on their website:

"Fire Siren Activations The fire sirens throughout town are set-up to alert members of the community, and of the FFD of an emergency requiring an immediate response by the fire dept. Many times people ask why the fire sirens cycle once, and other times cycle as many as four times. Well here is the reason; the number of siren activations (cycles) is based on the nature of the emergency.

1 Cycle is for an injury motor vehicle accident, aka mva.

2 Cycles are for vegetation fires, or "other" types of fires.

4 Cycles are for possible & or confirmed structure fires,

12 Cycles are for a city wide emergency, with the specifics being advised over the public address (PA) systems of emergency vehicles.

All information pertaining to the emergency call is paged to the fire dept members via alpha numeric pagers. These pagers advise of the nature, location, and any additional information about the emergency. For emergency medical calls, the sirens are not activated, all information is sent via the pagers, to reduce the frequency in usage of the fire sirens.

The next time you hear the fire sirens, there is an emergency is progress, and the fire dept will be responding with multiple emergency vehicles to the location of the emergency. All emergency medical calls are paged via the alpha numeric pagers, to help reduce the number of times the fire sirens are activated. Please remember, as with any emergency vehicle traveling Code-3 (Emergency lights and sirens), please pull over to the right to allow the emergency vehicles to have the right of way, who knows they may be responding to an emergency of a friend or family member. "

Source- Firebaugh Fire Department | 1575 Eleventh Street, Firebaugh CA 93622
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

car5le

Premium Subscriber
Yes. The frequency is correct. Firebaugh PD and FD lease their frequencies from Cook's Communication in Fresno. The licenses are probably under Cook's name.

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
Yes. The frequency is correct. Firebaugh PD and FD lease their frequencies from Cook's Communication in Fresno. The licenses are probably under Cook's name.

I am guessing that Dos Palos did the same thing on their channel one? I heard them on channel two the other night full scale and see no other channels licensed to them in the FCC rolls. (They are practically non-existent on the county trunked system.)

Status
Not open for further replies.