Firefighter LODD - How did EVERYONE miss this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosemedic

Not only did the RR world miss this posted at 10:00, but each of the news outlets I looked at put this on the back page, almost literally

Channel 4 has a scrolling add for PetSmart for Summer Savings, but this story is halfway down the page
Firefighter Dies After Brainard Lake Rescue « CBS Denver

Channel 7 at least had a picture in the "more top stories" section
Indian Peaks Fire Department firefighter dies during rescue at Brainard Lake Recreation Area - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

Channel 9 had this in the lower headline sections right below Breck considering a parking garage
Firefighter dies after Brainard Lake rescue

Fox31, story followed a Beagle that was hit by a car
Firefighter dies during Brainard Lake Recreation Area rescue | KDVR.com

I'm almost at a loss for words... This is just unacceptable.

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
Not only did the RR world miss this

I believe when you mention "RR" you mean Radio Reference.com

We all do not get to watch the news as often as we like.....especially me. If someone from that location did not put it on the RR.Com , and it did not make national news.......how are we supposed to know.

Law Enforcement Officers, EMS personnel and Fire Fighters get killed every year in this country. Unless someone local posts it, or again...it makes national news. Few people will know about it. I just looked at the national news ( Fox - NBC - CNN ) and did not see it.

I'm almost at a loss for words... This is just unacceptable.

It is unacceptable. If you want your local news broadcasted on Radio Reference.com, with events such as this. Then by all means.......posts and notify to your hearts content.

Keep track of the national news on the television and on the web, and as soon as an event such as you described occurs, post it here and let us know.

As terrible and tragic as it is, and a loss to the community, a fatality in Public Safety happens almost every week...if not daily.

But you keep your eyes tuned to the television and the internet, and when one occurs, you let us know. If you don't.....I would be at a loss for words.

FF - Medic !!!

Moosemedic

I believe when you mention "RR" you mean Radio Reference.com

We all do not get to watch the news as often as we like.....especially me. If someone from that location did not put it on the RR.Com , and it did not make national news.......how are we supposed to know.

Law Enforcement Officers, EMS personnel and Fire Fighters get killed every year in this country. Unless someone local posts it, or again...it makes national news. Few people will know about it. I just looked at the national news ( Fox - NBC - CNN ) and did not see it.

It is unacceptable. If you want your local news broadcasted on Radio Reference.com, with events such as this. Then by all means.......posts and notify to your hearts content.

Keep track of the national news on the television and on the web, and as soon as an event such as you described occurs, post it here and let us know.

As terrible and tragic as it is, and a loss to the community, a fatality in Public Safety happens almost every week...if not daily.

But you keep your eyes tuned to the television and the internet, and when one occurs, you let us know. If you don't.....I would be at a loss for words.

FF - Medic !!!
Well, maybe that's why I posted this under COLORADO Incidents and Breaking News....

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
And Mountain NewsNet paged it that afternoon, I don't really think it was missed.

Heart related remains the largest cause by far of LODD's in emergency services.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.