Firefighter Mayday right now Cicero Indiana (Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyRick

Firefighter calling mayday current time, lost in heavy smoke, can't find his partner, Hamilton County, Cicero Fireground 1.

A

Agentblack

it was in fact training. It was done on the Cicero FD Administrative channel. Each fire department does NOT have their own "firegrounds" in Hamilton County. They have an "administrative" channel which they use to conduct training and official business without tying up the primary channel or other county firegrounds.

Please use caution when posting these kinds of stories as it can cause a fire storm that is unneeded.

Most of the time training is done on the special events channels, however with the smaller volunteer departments (namely anyone other than fishers, noblesville, westfield or carmel) use their admin channels for training.

Hopefully this clears up any issues.
Regards.

IndyRick

OK, it would appear that the admin channel is mislabeled as "fireground" in the database....I wouldn't have posted it had it came through on an admin channel....sorry, guys.

bamx2

OK, it would appear that the admin channel is mislabeled as "fireground" in the database....I wouldn't have posted it had it came through on an admin channel....sorry, guys.

Many departments use "training mayday" just to eliminate confusion for listeners.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

scannerfreak

Database Admin
it was in fact training. It was done on the Cicero FD Administrative channel. Each fire department does NOT have their own "firegrounds" in Hamilton County. They have an "administrative" channel which they use to conduct training and official business without tying up the primary channel or other county firegrounds.
Regards.

So they have 3 admin talkgroups? Any suggestions on how to label their 3 talkgroups?

IndyRick

I'm not sure how many they have, ScannerFreak. I was using a HomePatrol, and the channel was labled "Fireground" but I didn't think to note the actual ID. :(

A

Agentblack

Scannerfreak, please refer to your pm's for an answer.

Regards

w9vhe

We heard it at work, tried to find where it was coming from as it was on a channel we designate as a 'statewide' channel.
Some departments use a fire frequency from somewhere else in their state, but either take the antennas off or use a dummy load antenna if possible. Can make for interesting times!

Status
Not open for further replies.