• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Firehouse Desk Shack

JimD56

Premium Subscriber
The picture below is our Firehouse Desk "Shack" in our (mine) Engine and Rescue company Lieutenants' Office.

1) Motorola APX7700XE Handheld that runs Countywide Fire UHF 460-470 Analog AND Airport and County Government Services 800 Digital P25 Phase II. Impressive dual-band and expensive. We use these countywide.
2) Uniden BCT15X that monitors countywide Fire UHF 460-470, Miami City Fire Motorola 800 Type II, MIA Airlines Ground (AA, United, Delta, etc.) UHF, and MIA ATC and Airlines AM Airband. We have 2 antennas split off the BCT15X to the roof for both UHF and AM.
3) Icom Aviation IC-A6 Air Handheld Transceiver.
4) Baofeng NEW Model UV9R Plus Transceiver, 15W, Fire UHF 460-470 for use around the firehouse, easier than the heavy APX7700XE. Like in the bathroom. :)

Attachments

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
Very nice! Do I spy a deskset just out of frame on the right? I've contemplated procuring a dedicated aviation portable. 123.45 can be pretty informative for sure.

W2PDX

Cool looks a lot like my desk at work. Ha I have a Baofeng UV-5R that I use for the same purpose. I figure if it falls in the toilet I'll just flush and get another one. How do you like that Icom A6?