firemars??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
868.9875, either CSQ or 156.7pl, and yes sorta like CLEMARS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zz0468

QRT
Banned
been trying to find firemars freq. for SBCO. im unfamiallar with firemars. Is it like CLEMARS?

I think there's a Firemars radio out there somewhere... Quartzite Mtn, maybe. I doubt it ever gets used. Agencies inside the county have too many talk groups to talk on, and with agencies outside the county, they're likely to use VHF for mutual aid.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
When San Bernardino County Fire sends out a structure response, the primary tac will be _-FGND-_, and alternate tac of Firemars. So it'll get used on a big incident from the sound of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avdrummerboy

Never heard anything on it, it's an alternate tac for structure response as said above, and they even can use it direct if needed. Usually everything is on fireground frequencies, with VHF mutual aid on CALCORD or another VTAC freq.

mtnmadman

Premium Subscriber
thanks everyone

I see that there is not a lot of activty on FIREMARS, but i have heard units on 8-fire using it a couple of times this month. Just like having it all covered..

scottyhetzel

I see that there is not a lot of activty on FIREMARS, but i have heard units on 8-fire using it a couple of times this month. Just like having it all covered..

Great topic, kinda like when I heard my local go to vfire11& 12 when we had a 5 alarm structure fire. I had all the freq. loaded and was happy I spent the time loading them to hear the action. I just created a new bank with all the interop frequencies.. I have heard a bunch of survellances on I-Tac freq as karldotcom mentioned.

f40ph

Feed Provider
Never heard anything on it, it's an alternate tac for structure response as said above, and they even can use it direct if needed. Usually everything is on fireground frequencies, with VHF mutual aid on CALCORD or another VTAC freq.

VHF mutual aid is normally on VFIRE22 or 23 in SBCo.
CALCORD rules state it may not be used for fires (only interagency Fire to EMS or Law)

As for 800mhz FIREMARS: It's primary intent is to be used in the direct mode and that's only if there is a firefighter down and the entire incident needs to shift to an alternate tac while the rescue is being performed on the original tac. Sometimes it gets used if the fire is simply in a location with poor 800mhz trunking system coverage such as inside reinforced concrete buildings or fringe areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.