BC125AT: Firmware 1.06.06?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaterbox

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I recently bought two BC-125AT's from scanner master, and they both have firmware version 1.06.06. In looking on Uniden's website and using the BC300 software, I only see 1.06.05 available... anyone have info on this slightly newer version?

beaterbox

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I did that... but only see some discussions regarding 1.06.05. Are you aware of any discussions regarding 1.06.06?

freqseeker

Probably nothing special, thus no information. Paul used to refer to small revisions as housekeeping. Sometimes minor hardware changes in production require firmware tweak. 06 will probably never show up in documentation. If there is another official release it will be a totally different version.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I read that too... hence still trying to see what 1.06.06 provides. I emailed Uniden 2 days ago with the same question. No response...
I had an older 125AT. When I purchased a new one, I think in 2020, it already had 1.06.05 (Before it was later posted on the website). The reason was a hardware parts change in manufacturing, which I took a look and saw the different parts. As freqseeker noted, 1.06.06 is more than likely hardware changes in production and new firmware to address it. Thus, the 1.06.06 firmware provides the ability for the scanner to function using the new hardware.

I figure if the 125AT could suddenly handle P25, DMR, other digital modes, or now had a wider frequency coverage Uniden would surely have announced it. They did not do that as they have other scanners that handle those features.

Status
Not open for further replies.