Firmware 1.6 Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
On the same line as the Radio ID I can the Tower ID show instead of the Radio ID: ie "SYS 796 R001 S016"(<-- example of a P25 system in Michigan)

Mute the encryption Noise on P25 Systems.(currently available on the Uniden 396/996)

If a radios emergency button is pressed we can setup an alert(currently available on the Uniden 396/996)

Just my three wishlist items.

blueline_308

On the line that shows the TSYS tag, instead of alternating between TSYS & TGRP tag, give us the ability to choose to display one or the other or to have it alternate. I'd rather have the TGRP tag displayed instead of the TSYS tag. I know what system I'm hearing based on the TGRP tag.

When storing a TSYS from TUNE, store the Site ID in the tag, EX: Tune M36 C508-14 .

Jim

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Wish List Firmware 1.6

Conventional P25 Radio ID's
D-Star

The radio started off as the best digital scanner on the market and continues to be even better with each upgrade, making it the clear winner.

Advertising flash upgrades is one thing actually doing several of them in less than a year that actually address customer complaints is fantastic. Now add to that new features among the upgrades and it makes GRE Outstanding!

Keep up the Awesome work GRE!

On the same line as the Radio ID I can the Tower ID show instead of the Radio ID: ie "SYS 796 R001 S016"(<-- example of a P25 system in Michigan)

Mute the encryption Noise on P25 Systems.(currently available on the Uniden 396/996)

If a radios emergency button is pressed we can setup an alert(currently available on the Uniden 396/996)

Just my three wishlist items.

radioman253

Premium Subscriber
firmware 1.6 wishlist ... 12.5KHZ steps 420-430mhz

For those of us in Canada along with people in Western New York./ michigan, it would be nice to see
12.5Khz steps selectable for the 420-430Mhz range.
Lots of trunked and conventional channels in this range using that step...

The addition of 5Khz steps option between 138-174Mhz makes me hope that this future enhancement may be possible....

D

DaveNF2G

For those of us in Canada along with people in Western New York./ michigan, it would be nice to see
12.5Khz steps selectable for the 420-430Mhz range.

I can program all of the correct frequencies in that range into my PSR-500 without any trouble. You might have some radio setting messed up.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
These lists start off nice - then people start asking for things that clearly WON'T happen (D-STAR? Seriously?) Next up - someone asking for ProVoice...

radioman253

Premium Subscriber
firmware 1.6 wishlist

I should have elaborated.
Yes if flexstep is turned on you can program any TRS or conventional freq with 12.5 Khz spacing....
but, you cannot search or sweep in 12.5Khz steps
ie: when searching 422.7375 (RCMP freq) gets rounded to 422.7400
Niagara USA area fire depts have UHF links on 425Mhz these days that are 12.5Khz spaced as well.

Statevillian

Reasonable Wishlist Item........

Status bit function with on/off of status bit on trunking TGs. Uniden has it on the 250 I had. Also on the 396 and 330 and the Radio Shack 162...Uniden made for the Shack. Systems here in Illinois do use them and it is a decent feature to have. At leasat I think so............

It would be cool if there were the technology to have priority on but have it silent, where it doesn't chop whatever you are currently listeing to and only becomes audible when the connect tone for that frequency or TG becomes active. That would kick some real ass!

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Reasonable Wishlist Item........
It would be cool if there were the technology to have priority on but have it silent, where it doesn't chop whatever you are currently

That would violate the laws of physics, something even GRE can't do :)

Statevillian

Are you sure?...

No way to listen to a TG and have the scanner check a priority TG and have it interupt and override that conversation when the priority becomes active without that annoying chop every second or two?.... I am not tech savvy but it seems possible.....because I want it that way. Ha!
That would violate the laws of physics, something even GRE can't do :)

rdale

Premium Subscriber
It does check priority talkgroups already - you mentioned conventional and that can't be done.

Statevillian

Maybe I am not being clear enough..group help me?

OK Rob. Maybe we are just missing each other here. I KNOW it already checks for the priority. I know this. And when it does check for the priority, the conversation on a non priority channel gets an audible clip which sounds like a record skipping. That is why I am making this request for a possible remedy. Hellllo?........
But there is always that skip or chop in the current conversation while the priority is being checked. I am asking for a way for the priority channel to go through the monitoring or checking process for an active signal to be silenced...where the chop is eliminated from whatever is active on the scanner. Whether it is a conventional priority channel and/or a TG. When in priority mode on any scanner you get that cessation of a conversation for a split second while the priority channel is being checked and the conversation has words or syllables chopped out from the active channel. My original request for an update was for the elimination of that audible clip/chop while the scanner checks a priority channel for activity. Where the very minute fraction of time the scanner checks for any priority activity can be rendered void of that audible break in the active conversation on a non priority channel. That is all..........

It does check priority talkgroups already - you mentioned conventional and that can't be done.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
.... but to check a priority channel or talkgroup the scanner needs to leave the currently monitored conversation, so a break in audio is unavoidable. Can't be in two places at once. The only way to get around this would be to have a dual tuner scanner of some sort.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
No. For Motorola Type II systems, it watches the low-speed data to see if a priority talkgroup is being transmitted, and switches over if so without breaking squelch.

Status
Not open for further replies.