firmware addition/change request

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary123

Im not 100% sure this is the place for this request, but here I go.

It appears there are many that use the record feature of the scanner to playback missed transmissions. The maximum setting of 240 seconds is fine for this.

There are some of us who sit the scanner on a specific user for very long periods of time (days). Usually these users are not very active but the 240 second limit is just not enough for this type of monitoring. Is it possible to add a extended time limit to like 2 hours (7200 seconds) or even unlimited to the menu?

marksmith

Im not 100% sure this is the place for this request, but here I go.

It appears there are many that use the record feature of the scanner to playback missed transmissions. The maximum setting of 240 seconds is fine for this.

There are some of us who sit the scanner on a specific user for very long periods of time (days). Usually these users are not very active but the 240 second limit is just not enough for this type of monitoring. Is it possible to add a extended time limit to like 2 hours (7200 seconds) or even unlimited to the menu?
Why don't you just turn on record. It will go for days. It's what it is for. It is only limited by the size of your SD card.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I agree with Mark. The 30-240 seconds is for the replay feature. The replay feature gives you a quick look back at the last few minutes of transmissions.

If you want to record for a long period of time, press Func -> Record -> Yes. You can record until your card is full, you stop the recording, or the radio is powered off. When you are done recoding, copy the files to your computer. Delete what you don't want, and you can keep what you want forever.

Also replaying long recordings on the scanner is tedious. Have you ever recorded 2 hours and then tried to replay on the scanner! For long recordings, you need to get the files to a computer to be able to organize the recordings by either time or system/dept/channel, etc. for more efficient replay of what interests you.

Last edited:

Dbubs

I agree with Mark. The 30-240 seconds is for the replay feature. The replay feature gives you a quick look back at the last few minutes of transmissions.

If you want to record for a long period of time, press Func -> Record -> Yes. You can record until your card is full, you stop the recording, or the radio is powered off. When you are done recoding, copy the files to your computer. Delete what you don't want, and you can keep what you want forever.

Also replaying long recordings on the scanner is tedious. Have you ever recorded 2 hours and then tried to replay on the scanner! For long recordings, you need to get the files to a computer to be able to organize the recordings by either time or system/dept/channel, etc. for more efficient replay of what interests you.

My beef is the amount of steps to get to the record. Function, then replay, then yes. We could do without the yes. It's obvious. Once recording is stopped then the keep files yes/no is useful. The first yes is redundant.

I don't want to record all day. 1) it would be scanning multiple groups and the group I am interested at the time of incident will likely be overrun with other traffic. So. When I hear something that interests me, I first hold that channel then go through the multi step record to start the record. This is a pain and I often miss a comm while doing so. A quicker way to record would be much more useful.

I don't want to up my replay thresh hold. That isn't an alternative for me. It's not a true record.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marksmith

My beef is the amount of steps to get to the record. Function, then replay, then yes. We could do without the yes. It's obvious. Once recording is stopped then the keep files yes/no is useful. The first yes is redundant.

I don't want to record all day. 1) it would be scanning multiple groups and the group I am interested at the time of incident will likely be overrun with other traffic. So. When I hear something that interests me, I first hold that channel then go through the multi step record to start the record. This is a pain and I often miss a comm while doing so. A quicker way to record would be much more useful.

I don't want to up my replay thresh hold. That isn't an alternative for me. It's not a true record.

Thoughts?

Even though there are some extra key presses there, if you enable a couple minutes on replay, then hit record when something catches your attention, if you hold and then do the record, there should be a couple minutes of stuff there before your record action, so the extra key work should not cause you to miss anything.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

lacadien72

Premium Subscriber
When I hear something that interests me, I first hold that channel then go through the multi step record to start the record. This is a pain and I often miss a comm while doing so. A quicker way to record would be much more useful.

Press FUNC+REPLAY to start\stop recording while scanning or when hold on a channel

Dbubs

Press FUNC+REPLAY to start\stop recording while scanning or when hold on a channel

Right. But it still asks you to then hit yes or no. If you are sure. That's what gets me. That last step needs to be eliminated.

It asks again when you stop recording. At the stop I get. Maybe one doesn't want to save the audio files.

Status
Not open for further replies.