HP-1: Firmware and Database update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommahawk

I had a neighbor that I am trying to help out and I am at a loss of what to do... He has the HP-1, a little bit dated, and i upgraded the firmware to the newest version, as well as the HPDB. Great everything was working....

UH OH... PROBLEM! We live in a area where we have multiple counties that have gone to P25 systems. The systems around us have the proper information, however the system that we have which is also a P25 system does not show up at all.

I live in Lancaster County PA, and we are surrounded by York, Dauphin, Lebanon counties which I can all hear fine on the scanner.

However i went to setup the trunked system for the County of Lanaster and the only thing that shows up is the old conventional system for fire/ems/police, etc.

Help me Obie One Kanobi... You are my only hope..... PS I hope i placed this in the right category.....

Thank you very much. this is my first post on Radioreferece for at least a year so if I have offended anyone by placing this in the wrong category please don't crucify me!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I had a neighbor that I am trying to help out and I am at a loss of what to do... He has the HP-1, a little bit dated, and i upgraded the firmware to the newest version, as well as the HPDB. Great everything was working....

UH OH... PROBLEM! We live in a area where we have multiple counties that have gone to P25 systems. The systems around us have the proper information, however the system that we have which is also a P25 system does not show up at all.

I live in Lancaster County PA, and we are surrounded by York, Dauphin, Lebanon counties which I can all hear fine on the scanner.

However i went to setup the trunked system for the County of Lanaster and the only thing that shows up is the old conventional system for fire/ems/police, etc.

Help me Obie One Kanobi... You are my only hope..... PS I hope i placed this in the right category.....

Thank you very much. this is my first post on Radioreferece for at least a year so if I have offended anyone by placing this in the wrong category please don't crucify me!

From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION

What does it say there for the date of the database?

JamesO

You may not have "written" the updated Database to the radio, this is a separate action than Updating the Database on the computer.

This is what the above question will answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.