Firmware Enhancement Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

number6

Something I've been asking for since I got the 996T when it first came out seems to also have been ignored and omitted from the 536--namely, a different sound for toggling things on (low tone, high tone) or off (high tone, low tone). Very useful when you can't look at the screen but need to press buttons to make things happen, like avoids, unavoids, toggling bands on/off for Close Call, these kinds of things. Also, a different tone to let you know you've gone around the full list of options when scrolling them with the FUNC knob, like channels within departments, avoid lists, departments within systems, etc. Another one would be a rising two-tone sequence when holding on something, then a falling two-tone sequence when releasing the hold.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Something I've been asking for since I got the 996T when it first came out seems to also have been ignored and omitted from the 536--namely, a different sound for toggling things on (low tone, high tone) or off (high tone, low tone). Very useful when you can't look at the screen but need to press buttons to make things happen, like avoids, unavoids, toggling bands on/off for Close Call, these kinds of things. Also, a different tone to let you know you've gone around the full list of options when scrolling them with the FUNC knob, like channels within departments, avoid lists, departments within systems, etc. Another one would be a rising two-tone sequence when holding on something, then a falling two-tone sequence when releasing the hold.

I've been asking for that since the 996T; that radio made the high-low tone whenever it activated or deactivated a system via GPS settings. I wanted it to make the tone low-high instead when things got activated, and high-low when they were deactivated. The same behavior could be ideal for turning quick keys on and off (respectively) in the x36HP models.

As for the "gone around the full list of options", doesn't it do that already? I could have sworn my 436 does, at least in some aspects. For example, on the main menu (after hitting the MENU key), when I scroll to the top menu item, it gives a double-beep instead of a single one.

SCPD

QRT
control channel search

Control channel search and service searches including broadcast bands

When you press a button to hold on something make it stay highlighted until I push it again so I can scroll through the items instead of the radio kicking you out.

number6

Yes, Jay, it does, but like you pointed out, only in some places. Should do in all places where there are enable/disable options or wraparound menu options. This would prevent automobile accidents for sure so drivers wouldn't have to look at the display.

I've been asking for that since the 996T; that radio made the high-low tone whenever it activated or deactivated a system via GPS settings. I wanted it to make the tone low-high instead when things got activated, and high-low when they were deactivated. The same behavior could be ideal for turning quick keys on and off (respectively) in the x36HP models.

As for the "gone around the full list of options", doesn't it do that already? I could have sworn my 436 does, at least in some aspects. For example, on the main menu (after hitting the MENU key), when I scroll to the top menu item, it gives a double-beep instead of a single one.

MesquiteWx

Premium Subscriber
In addition to what was already mentioned which would be helpful too. I would like to add the ability to assign dual or multiple colors to a TG when the setting is set to a blink option. It would make it useful in identifying certain systems just from a glance. One example would be during SkyWarn nets when multiple counties are active and they all sound the same. All my SkyWarn nets are set to green. So if I could set one to like green/blue then another green/yellow etc it would help to know what county that is just by glancing at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.